637 Park Avenue
The Operations Manager will lead programmatic excellence and financial sustainability. The OM has primary responsibility for the development and implementation of programs, as well as the leadership of the staff. Working with its multiple stakeholders, s/he ensures that programs and initiatives are in line with its mission and are responsive to the needs of its students. The OM is responsible for managing all operational aspects of the programs within the organization and assists the CEO in the successful qualitative growth of the organization.
Through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the organization, the OM provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that programs are meeting and exceeding programmatic goals, benchmarks and standards though outcome measures via results based accountability. The OM also ensures the management team has adequate systems and process in place to support the effectiveness of programs and services. The overarching goal is to effectively support on-going growth of the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
This candidate needs to enjoy working with the poor, multicultural women and understand inner city communities. S/he would be focused on social justice issues and understand the barriers to education amongst this community. It would be important to value the transformative work that needs to be done to alleviate those suffering from illiteracy, poverty, and social injustices.
Operations Manager's Responsibilities
• Oversee the operations of the organization to meet educational and organizational goals and objectives
• Collaborate closely with the chief executive officer and produce reports on the center’s operations – educational, financial and organizational
• Empower the operational teams with the leadership and resources they need to successfully complete organizational initiatives
• Partner with other team members to accomplish short and long-term organizational goals
• Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators
• Positively represent Mercy Learning Center at all times through a success-oriented and professional demeanor
Operations Manager's Skills
• Graduate or professional degree in Social Work, Business Administration, or Education.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in a leadership position in educational, or a social services non-profit organization.
• Needs to be bilingual (Spanish)
• Excellent management, administrative and programmatic skills to direct, coordinate and manage a top notch management team.
• Considerable knowledge of financial management.
• Strong capacity for policy recommendations and implementation to ensure continued resources to staff and students.
• Strong organizational, decision-making and supervisory/coaching skills.
• Excellent writing, public speaking and media skills, tailored to suit a variety of audiences.
• Highly energetic with an ability to work independently and maintain a strong commitment to teamwork.
• Exceptional people management and communication skills.
• Ability to lead, motivate, and direct groups and individuals.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically to mediate and negotiate successfully with individuals and groups internally and externally.
• Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
• Ability to inspire employees to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity
• Ability to communicate MLC’s vision to board of directors, volunteers, team members and employees.
Monday – Friday; 9am-5pm
Report to President
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter with resume to: Jeanette Lizondro via email at: email@example.com or via fax at 203-332-6852