109 North San Saba
The Chief of Staff serves as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director and acts in her place when needed, including representing her in high-level meetings and internal discussions. In addition to directly managing a diverse portfolio of public-sector partnerships and leading site-wide planning initiatives, the Chief of Staff oversees the site’s operations and finance functions, Board operations, human potential/talent development, communications and special events strategy. He/she also supports annual goal-setting, long-term strategic planning and donor and board engagement.
Reporting to the Vice President and Executive Director of City Year San Antonio, the Chief of Staff oversees the activities of the Executive Office, operations of the site, and advances City Year San Antonio’s strategic agenda. He/she approaches the work with a cross-functional (department,organization, and community) mindset and will assume primary responsibility for projects and initiatives as directed. He/she is also responsible for building and sustaining an effective support structure for the site’s Executive Leadership team.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must be a trustworthy individual who can partner with the Executive Director on discrete and confidential matters. He/she must be committed to identifying and implementing systems & structures that support the site to meet all of its goals, and must be willing to support the Executive Director with administrative matters as needed. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrated ability to project a strong presence among site and community leadership, with a record of achieving results in a team-based environment. He/she must possess excellent writing skills, project management skills, as well as strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Executive Management & Site Board Operations - Support workflow of the Executive Director and manage site Board operations;
- Budget & Finance Management - Ensure City Year San Antonio raises more than it spends (3% NOI revenue over expenses);
- Private-Public and Community Partnerships - Serve as the lead on partnerships with United Way of San Antonio, City of San Antonio, Bexar County and VIA;
- People - Manage localized HR Strategy through hiring, onboarding, professional development, and staff engagement;
- Site-wide & Community Events - Lead the production of special events, including the Power of Women’s Luncheon, Playground Build, Annual Gala and Big Give in collaboration with Development and Site Operations Manager and Development Director;
- Marketing and Communications – Coordinate with Development Department to develop and implement site’s overall Marketing and Communication strategy to increase City Year’s brand awareness in the San Antonio community;
- Office, Facilities Management and IT Management - Manage efficiency and positive operational impact of the CYSA site;
- Support Executive Leadership Team Operations - Meeting preparation and facilitation and specific initiative support.
- BA/BS degree required, Master’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Business, Public Policy or Non-Profit Management is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience successfully leading cross-functional teams
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills along with a high-level of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving ability is required
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate cross-functional groups and build / navigate strong organizational relationships that allow for strategic collaboration
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Deep understanding and passion for City Year’s mission and core values
Interested qualified applicants should apply and submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and references. Desired start date is May 29, 2018.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.