P O Box 1449
West County Health Centers -- we take the health of our patients to heart. Join us in our dedication to wellness, compassion, affordability and excellence of care!
Each West County Health Center employee plays an integral part in providing an outstanding patient experience to those who walk through our doors at any of our 7 west Sonoma County sites. We want our patients to feel secure in knowing that we're here to help them with their medical, dental and mental health care needs. After all, we've been providing care to our west Sonoma County residents for a long time, some since the mid-1970s! We blend high touch with innovative technology in our approach to care. Care to join us?
West County Health Centers is currently seeking a full time Director of Human Resources for the organization.
Position: Director of Human Resources
Job Summary: The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of all Human Resources functions. Works strategically with the senior and line management to support professional development needs of the staff and positive organizational culture.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Human Resources Generalist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Last Updated: January 5, 2018
Responsibilities: (may not include all of the duties assigned)
- Plans, organizes and manages all activities of Human Resources Department. Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, program and practices and keeps management informed of new developments. Ensures compliance around US and State Labor Employment Laws and ensures that activities reflect best practices and the institutional values of West County Health Centers.
- Establishes standard recruiting, placement practices and procedures. Oversees orientation process and credentialing system. Creates and manages innovative current and forward-looking recruitment initiatives.
- Provides assistance to managers and supervisors in the interpretation and fair application of HR policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with line managers to establish in-house training programs that address agency needs across functions. Coordinates All-Staff meetings.
- Implements and periodically updates compensation programs, updates job descriptions, as necessary, conducts regular salary surveys and makes compensation recommendations
- Manages the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Provides consultation, coaching and support for standard personnel transactions, probationary action, human relations and conflict management, issue resolution and legal proceedings
8.Manages the agency’s benefits administration including vendor management, enrollment, annual re- evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, plan design and compliance.
9. Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer- employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
10. Member of the Senior Management Team
1. An MA or BS/BA degree or Certification in Human Resources from an accredited college/university and a SPHR credential designation with 5 plus years related experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
2. Strong background and knowledge in labor law and state and federal regulations
- Ability to work well with a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to problem solve and be self motivated with acute attention to detail.
- Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and WCHC policies.
- Must have excellent written and oral skills, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Required to have versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Required to have the ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Demonstrate a positive customer service, patient centered approach at all times.
· Must be able to move freely about the office and carry light loads (up to 25 pounds)
Prolonged sitting and/or standing required.
Interested in learning more and applying for this position? To apply, go to our website at www.wchealth.org
Minimum Education Required