601 West 26th st.
NewFest, New York’s LGBT Film and Media Arts Organization,is currently seeking a Social Media Manager to help grow visibility and awareness around NewFest 2018, the 30th Annual New York LGBT Film Festival (Oct. 24 - 30th), while engage audiences.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all of NewFest's social media platforms for NewFest 2018 and working in conjunction with our Marketing and Public Relations teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following, and may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve.
• Develop overall social media strategy to drive engagement and increase followers
• Develop channel-specific, timely content and campaigns to support an editorial calendar for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., while appropriately maintaining the organization’s voice across platforms to engage followers
• Manage digital advertising (Facebook) for festival and individual films
• Collaborate on creating and circulating festival e-newsletters (MailChimp)
• Integrate festival sponsors’ and partners’ social media accounts and handles
• Collaborate with programming, events, and filmmaker department to develop compelling content to support attendance and drive engagement
• Attract, excite, and engage with audiences
• Follow-up with community promotional partners to ensure they’re spreading the word per agreements
• Engage with LGBTQ activists and influencers in the social media world to assist in promotion
• Pitch creative concepts for organization-wide social media initiatives, influencer outreach, and campaigns
• Work with given social templates to create assets to share with filmmakers and encourage promotion
• Report actionable insights and KPIs on a regular basis
• Run cross-platform social advertising campaigns
• Submit a wrap report with relevant documents and information
• Attend production meetings leading up to and during the festival
• Hire and manage volunteer social media interns to assist in coverage leading up to and including the festival
• Other duties as assigned
The position provides the possibility of flexible hours and is based both remotely and in our New York City offices in Chelsea.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter, and salary range requirement with the subject line “Social Media Manager at NewFest” to:
Liam Dacey, Festival Producer, NewFest
Candidates are encouraged to apply by the week of August 6, 2018.