Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Rocketship Public Schools (www.rocketshipschools.org) is a network of public elementary charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship was founded in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
As Senior Associate on the STEM team, you will support STEM instruction, with a focus on personalized learning and the integration of online learning into STEM classrooms and the Learning Lab. Your work will include design and support of professional development, resource creation and curation, data analysis, and partnership with STEM teachers to create exemplar learning spaces. You will report to and work closely with the Director of STEM, with frequent interaction with the other members of the Achievement team, as well as STEM instructional staff and school leaders throughout the network. The primary job responsibilities are described below, along with estimated time allocations.
Resource Creation & Curation ~50%
• Construct scope & sequence maps for OLP (online learning program) integration aligned to network unit and lesson plans.
• Create & curate a library of teacher-facing OLP integration supports, from sample anchor charts to videos of exemplary practices.
• Create & curate a library of teacher-facing personalized learning supports, from strategies for rapid regrouping to corrective instruction resources.
• Collaborate with fellow STEM Team members to elevate network math and science curriculum through the use of technology.
• Manage communication with instructional staff and school leaders around OLP integration supports.
• Oversee organization and availability of instructional resources and additional supports (knowledge management).
PD Design & Delivery ~20%
• Observe OLP integration & use observed trends to help identify network-wide needs for PD.
• Support PD design for both teacher summer PD and ongoing PD throughout the school year.
• Create & deliver teacher-facing PD sessions on Rocketship’s STEM OLP suite and the integration and use of OLP into daily lessons.
• Create & deliver PD and resources to build technology fluency within STEM teachers and students.
Exemplar Learning Space Support ~20%
• Partner with instructional staff to pilot new OLP integration initiatives and models.
• Support targeted instructional staff in the creation of exemplar learning spaces for OLP integration and personalized learning.
• Observe classrooms to progress monitor implementation and collect and share trends
Data Analysis ~10%
• Synthesize unit and cumulative assessment data to enable trend analysis
• Support the Director of STEM in network-wide data analysis to drive strategic action planning in response to data
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years of experience teaching in an urban city classroom and realizing significant gains
• Working knowledge of K-5 math content
• Online/blended learning experience preferred
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Results-oriented and data-driven
• Adaptable and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Deep commitment to Rocketship’s mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetimes and desire to have an impact in an innovative and high-performing organization
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/network-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required