St. Nicks Alliance‘s Workforce Development division provides comprehensive workforce services leading to employment and a career ladder for unemployed and under-employed community residents. We are currently seeking an experienced and transformational Program Manager for our Workforce Development Division which seeks to increase the earning potential of unemployed and low-wage working adults by helping them prepare for and enter quality jobs in selected sectors with opportunities for career growth. The Program Manager will oversee the Skills Training program and manage 2+ staff members. Additionally, this staff member will be responsible for conducting intake assessments, providing individual and group counseling, and assisting clients in eliminating barriers to employment by making referrals to appropriate services within and outside of St. Nicks Alliance, as well as, provide post placement services (retention services).
- Oversee current Skills Training portfolio which includes: Skill Build Construction, Environmental Remediation Technician (ERT), Commercial Truck Driving (CDL), and Greenscaping.
- Drive recruitment and screening efforts to ensure trainee commitment to completing vocational training, earning industry certifications and ability to take on a job placement in the field of training upon graduation.
- Work with Director of Workforce and Strategic Consultants to strengthen/diversify training portfolio.
- Manage a staff of two+ including: Workplace Readiness Trainer/Career Coach and the Skills Training Account Manager.
- Ensure Enrollment, Placement, and Retention milestone goals met for all Skills Training contracts.
- Lead daily Skills Training team huddles and weekly meetings to review status of current and past cohort participants to ensure placement goals and retention milestones are met for all Skills Training program funders.
- Responsible for ensuring data is entered in real-time in ETO Database.
- Determine and oversee outreach strategies to ensure enrollment goals are met for each Skills Training cohort. Work closely with both the Outreach Specialist and program staff drive enrollment for Skills Training programs utilizing up to date marketing materials.
- Ensure that all trainees receive 2 weeks of Workplace Success Job Readiness Training and that all candidates graduate with an update resume.
- Manage Hard Skills Training Vendors.
- Set Skills Training Cohort Calendar.
- Utilize team to effectively manage an active caseload of 150 candidates which includes current training cohorts, as well as, collecting retention milestones from previous cohorts.
- Be aware of all contract goals and ensure enrollment goals are met to achieve contract goal compliance.
- Determine client eligibility for workforce services through intake and evaluation process.
- Develop Career Plan and monitor progress of clients towards accessing needed services and reaching their employment goals.
- Oversee Job Readiness/ Life Management Skills groups.
- Oversee postemployment and retention services for graduates. Responsible for maintaining and tracking graduates for up to 3 years. Hold at least monthly one-on-one coaching sessions with employed graduates to ascertain goals, on-the job problems and any other potential barrier to continued employment. Be clients’ primary motivator and advocate for career advancement goals
- Confer with Skills Training Account Manager in the event a customer loses or wants to resign their employment
- Lead weekly case reviews.
- Maintain case records in accordance with program standards and ensuring compliance with the requirements of various funding sources.
- Responsible for researching and investigating opportunities to expand the Skills Training portfolio including diversifying training offerings and funders/grants. (20-25% of time).
- Collaborate with the Director of Workforce Development to explore RFPs and grant opportunities as well as new training offerings.
- Work with Director of Workforce Development and Director of Development to complete RFP submissions.
- Responsible for providing data and assisting with reporting requirements to all Skills Training funders and potential funders.
- Review data on Monthly Skill Training and Workforce Dashboards to ensure accuracy.
- Develop and oversea quarterly Alumni events for Skills Training Graduates.
- Other duties/task may be assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of job related experience preferably in workforce or similar services. Master’s Degree in Counseling preferred.
- Experience in program management and career/vocational counseling.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required; must have strong communication, writing, data entry, and computer skills.
- Experience working with vocational training programs is a plus.
- Experience working with low income job seekers; proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines, ability to work some evenings.
- Fluency in English/Spanish helpful.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, applicants should send a cover letter indicating position desired and salary along with a resume electronically to St. Nicks Alliance at snaworkforceHR@stnicksalliance.org. Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Criminal background check required. St Nicks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.