Details: commensurate with experience
HELP is a unique and highly successful college scholarship program in Haiti, preparing high performing students from disadvantaged backgrounds to take civic and professional leadership roles to advance economic and social justice in Haiti.
HELP’s Director of Development (The Director) leads a team dedicated to significantly increasing HELP’s $2.5m annual budget. The Director will have passion for the mission, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven track record in high-level fundraising.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the board, The Director is responsible for designing and implementing HELP’s fundraising plans (annual and long-term) including developing and maintaining relations with individual and institutional donors, developing major gift and donor recognition programs, ensuring effective communication with a diverse range of supporters and hosting events.
Major responsibilities include:
· Developing and implementing the Annual Fundraising Plan to fund HELP’s existing work and planned expansion;
· Supervising the Development and US office staff.
· Mapping donor landscape through analysis and prospecting; overseeing constituent database;
· Expanding HELP’s individual and institutional donor base by identifying and pursuing new donors and maintaining relations with existing donors;
· Designing and implementing annual giving program and major gifts campaign;
· Planning and executing fundraising and cultivation events with board of directors and volunteer committees;
· Maintaining HELP’s communications: brochure, website, Annual Report, etc.;
· Ensuring the strength and implementation of development policies and procedures.
Summary of Qualifications
· A commitment to the mission, methods and values of HELP
· A minimum of five years demonstrated success and increasing responsibility in fundraising, including: individual giving, major gifts, grant writing, events, and capital campaigns
· Excellent research and writing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills,
· A resourceful, entrepreneurial and creative attitude
· Ability and willingness to travel within the US and to Haiti, as needed
Position open until filled.
How To Apply
Please email CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Education Required