Details: Commensurate with Experience
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps
Working for CSH:
If you have a desire to make a difference for people and families we have a place for you. Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and does change the lives of individuals facing acute disabilities, complex medical and mental conditions, substance use disorders and economic barriers, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Program Coordinator.
CSH is seeking a detail-oriented individual to perform a wide array of administrative, programmatic and operational activities in support of CSH’s national Field Operations and Consulting teams, Chicago-based staff, and other teams nation-wide. This position is based in our Chicago office downtown at 205 West Randolph.
- Provide administrative and project support to CSH teams including report editing, scheduling and hosting webinars, collecting and reviewing data, and managing subcontracts.
- Support the consulting team efforts by organizing files, generating reports, and developing strategies to improve operational efficiency and quality of products.
- Assist Vice President with financial compliance including completing expense and time keeping reports; monthly account reconciliation and tracking check requests and disbursements.
- Assist with data collection, reporting, and maintenance of organization wide databases.
- Support the operations of the physical office in Chicago by maintaining the office supplies and equipment; providing reception support with incoming and outgoing deliveries, visitors, and mail; and providing administrative assistance to staff in the office.
- Assist staff with preparing for in-person and online trainings through troubleshooting, photocopying, shipping, ordering supplies, ordering food, and other duties as requested.
- Provide support to the Vice President as needed including data collection and management, copying, and supporting the remote Consulting & Field Operations team staff that are not in the Chicago office.
- In coordination with headquarter staff, manage equipment purchases/leases and vendor relationships, maintenance of the computer network, phone system, and other office systems.
- Set up and coordinate telephone, videoconference, WebEx and Skype meetings, and face-to-face meetings.
- Support Consulting & Field Operations Directors in managing files, vendors, consultant contracts, issuing check requests, invoicing, and monitoring financials.
- Work with the Human Resources team to schedule job interviews and post available jobs.
Program and Project Support
- Coordinate data collection, produce webinars, and assist with content development for the training center
- Provide support for reporting and webinar production for the Federal TA team.
- Manage subcontracts and catering for the training contracts as requested.
- Develop tools and training to support successful project management and time management practices for CSH.
- Provide administrative support to staff on specific projects that may include data entry, data analysis, creating graphs and charts, assembling and editing materials, and maintaining a library of information.
Event Planning and Logistics
- Create, send and manage invitations and RSVPs for trainings, workshops and other events.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training curricula and materials.
- Resolve logistical, meal and travel needs for meetings and events including managing vendor contracts, site relationships, and registration.
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. This guides our approach and in turn, helps us create value. Successful candidates will be adaptive, entrepreneurial problem solvers with a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
CSH seeks candidates driven by strategic thinking, executed with creativity and flexibility with an ability to adapt approach, strategy, and tactics rapidly in response to changing information or program need. It is important to articulate and strategically pursue new visions and ideas for supportive housing, and the role it can play in solving complex problems. The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and a problem solver. S/he will have a sense of humor, patience, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- High school degree or equivalent. College level-degree preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum 3 years of office management experience.
- Be physically present in the Chicago office to ensure smoothly daily operations and to provide a stable presence.
- Demonstrated proficiency and skills in using Windows-based applications including Word, Access, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint, and web sites.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work independently.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in issues related to supportive housing including homelessness, affordable housing, community development, social service delivery, etc. a plus.
- Occasional travel to training or team meetings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer