We’re looking for a super-organized HR Generalist to join our small but mighty HR team! The Human Resources Generalist is on the front lines in making HopeWell a great place to work, by providing a wide variety of both complex and routine programmatic and administrative services, including researching, writing and implementing policies and procedures, developing and planning, organizing and administering human resources services (e.g. onboarding and off-boarding, compensation and benefits administration) and leading customer service functions. We are looking for someone interested in the non-profit field who can learn and grow with the organization. Is it you!?
- Acts as an employee relations specialist. Provide support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Assists with the establishment and maintenance of the in-house employee training system.
- Participates in the organizing and facilitation of the quarterly new staff orientations.
- Recommends employee relations practices and creation of programs necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Create events that broaden staff engagement.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs and wellness programs.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews, and postings).
- Conducts onboarding meetings and process (benefits packet, benefits summary)
- Creation and revision of job descriptions
- Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans.
- Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process.
- Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan.
- Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Responds to background checks, reference checks and verifications of employment status
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- COBRA Administration
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Ethical Practice.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Human Resources subject matter expertise
- Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills including reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Knowledge of labor and employment law
- Spirit of collaboration and team work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments
- Ability to gain trust, credibility, and build rapport with all employees
- Ability to manage sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
- Critical Process Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Cultural Awareness with a dedication to diversity and inclusion.
- Must have strong MS Office and Google Docs proficiency
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and minimum of five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Minimum Education Required