100Kin10 unites 280 of the nation’s top academic institutions, nonprofits, foundations, companies, and government agencies to address the nation’s STEM teacher shortage. Together, we are tackling systemic challenges and getting 100,000 excellent STEM teachers into classrooms nationwide.
In our first five years, we secured commitments for 100,000 excellent STEM teachers by 2021 and built a highly engaged, collaborative network of partner organizations immersed in collective problem-solving and shared learning and willing to be vulnerable and trusting with old and new allies alike.
People who thrive at 100Kin10 are team-oriented, open-minded, creative, and flexible, and possess a strong desire to learn and grow in a feedback-rich environment. Our culture embraces colleagues with genuine warmth, a curiosity to learn, a drive toward excellence, the ability to laugh at themselves, an eagerness for feedback to spur growth and impact, and an interest in co-workers as colleagues and as human beings.
Learn more at 100Kin10.org
About the Role
We’re seeking an experienced and analytical Manager of Data and Insights to work directly with our COO to help inform data-driven strategy across the organization and our network of partners. This role will be challenged to influence decision making, and use structured thinking and evidence to solve problems and define methodology.
The Manager of Data and Insights will help the organization have greater impact and effectiveness. They will do this by managing the creation and implementation of advanced technical data tools; developing data structures; and structuring processes to glean insights across the organization about our internal effectiveness and external impact. They will also synthesize and visualize data for decision making. They will own data acquisition processes, data structures, analysis, and reporting. Proficiency in platforms and tools such as Salesforce, Pardot, FormAssembly, and spreadsheets is critical. This role will also, given access to a wide-range of data, be called upon to support the development of external facing communications by providing data and insights; in some cases including writing content for internal and external audiences.
In addition, the Manager of Data and Insights will support the design and implementation of organizational processes and tools to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and impact. This may include, but is not limited to, strategic planning, workflow, standard tools and templates, and funder engagement.
Data Management and Insights:
- Manage the creation and implementation of advanced data tools (technical development may be outsourced); maintain advanced data tools
- Create routine data tools for planning and reporting (e.g. dashboards, excel sheets, visualizations) to enable clear understanding of operational, financial, and programmatic status, progress, and impact
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis across a range of data sources (e.g., programmatic, financial, formal, informal) and generate actionable insights
- Source and provide data inputs for a range of needs (annual reports, grant proposals, and reports)
- Support organization and program monitoring and evaluation management, including designing surveys
- Occasionally develop communications material drawn from insights gleaned from data management for inclusion in routine partner communications (e.g., blog posts, newsletters)
Process Design and Management:
- Support the design and execution of annual strategic planning and associated quarterly learning sessions to enable the organization to see at the team and organization level where we are, what’s working and where we can improve
- Manage the development of organization workflow and process, and create associated tools for standardization across the organization to help maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Support funder engagement including developing high quality materials and supporting consistent funder stewardship across the organization (e.g., tracking reporting schedules, supporting the development of funder proposals, presentations, and helping the program team identify funder engagement opportunities)
- You have three to five years of experience in management consulting, business intelligence, data analysis, or a relevant field
- You may have an MBA, MPP or MPA, but a graduate degree is not required
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- You are an excel expert and proficient in powerpoint
- You have a demonstrated ability to translate data into actionable insights
- You are proficient with CRM databases (system administration), online survey software (survey creation, administration, and reporting), and spreadsheets (formulas, charts, report design, modeling). Salesforce experience is desired but not required
- You have experience with data modeling, visualization, and tools creation (a bonus but not required)
- You have experience with strategic planning and/or business intelligence
- You have experience creating workflow tools and templates
- You have strong presentation skills
- You are a conceptual thinker, with an affinity for process design
- You enjoy training and supporting others to implement new processes to streamline and improve productivity and quality
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in 100Kin10?
- Why are you passionate about this role specifically?
Please also share your desired salary. Only applications which respond to the prompt will be reviewed.