1407 Fleet Street
The Institute for Integrative Health’s community programs provide wellness-based programming to youth, adolescents and adults, primarily in the greater Baltimore area. Programs are designed to be replicated for public use in order to support positive growth in communities. Program effectiveness is supported by TIIH evaluation and research.
The Program Coordinator is a full time position managing the daily activities of the Institute's integrative health community programming in schools and communities in the greater Baltimore area. The Programs Coordinator educates the community on nutrition, cooking skills, mindfulness, and other integrative modalities. The Program Coordinator supports the Programs director in developing, implementing, and evaluating TIIH community programs providing content for reports, websites, and academic publications. Serving as a TIIH ambassador, the Programs Coordinator will regularly interact with community members, partners, and collaborators. The programs coordinator must be well organized, an excellent writer, and requires a high level of professionalism.
- Supports Program Director and Institute staff in identifying new opportunities to serve the Baltimore community, as well as those outside the Baltimore area and attends and supports TIIH events as needed.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Mission Thrive Summer Program, a 5-week summer job for high school students at the Real Food Farm in Baltimore City. Students experience hands-on activities in farming, cooking, leadership, physical activity, mindfulness, and life skills development.
- Manages the development and implementation of Mission Thrive Summer Crew Leader training, an 80 hour integrative health training, offered primarily to college students or recent college graduates.
- Supports evaluation, research and design methods for Mission Thrive programs and initiatives. Contributes to and writes content for educational resources, curriculum, grant applications, internal reports, reports to funders, and media/academic publications, etc.
- Attends regular local professional and community meetings and represents TIIH in a professional manner. Assists with educational and promotional outreach including health fairs and community events. Prepare materials for meetings with potential partner organizations, community stakeholders and possible funders.
- Other duties as assigned.
· BA/BS in health related field. Masters a plus.
· Two years of work experience in program management and coordination.
· Knowledge of/or experience in integrative health or public health
· Nutrition/culinary education experience a plus.
· Experience facilitating activities for youth.
· Excellent writing skills.
· Proven effective time management, planning, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and meet deadlines.
· Solid computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail/Google Platforms.
· Experience with social media platforms.
· Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Must have reliable vehicle for use in performing some job requirements.
· Must maintain current and valid insurance to cover personal mode of transportation.
· Travel is primarily in the greater Baltimore area, but some out or state and overnight travel may be expected.
· Ability to lift and carry certain items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Select candidates may receive an invitation to interview on a rolling basis. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to missionthrive[at]tiih.org with a subject heading of “Mission Thrive Summer Program Coordinator”