The Trustees is seeking an experienced professional to manage the constituent database and other information systems that support the organization’s membership and marketing efforts. The Data Systems Manager is part of the Stakeholder Engagement Department and reports to the Director of Membership. The Data Systems Manager works closely with the organization’s outside direct-marketing consultants and other vendors as well as internal colleagues including the Associate Director of Development Operations, Membership Marketing Manager, and Public Program Data Coordinator.
This position is a full-time, exempt position located at 200 High Street, Boston, MA.
This position will provide management and support of the constituent database (Raiser’s Edge) and other systems (point-of-sale/e-commerce and email/CMS) that support the organization’s membership and marketing efforts. The primary responsibility is to maintain and manage the database system to provide the insight we need to effectively understand and serve our key constituents. The Data Systems Manager produces accurate multi-segment front-end and back-end data files for membership and marketing campaigns and robust queries to track, evaluate, and report on audience and membership engagement statistics. The Data Systems Manager will play a key role in the upcoming migration to and implementation of a new CRM system.
- Create an annual strategy for managing the necessary queries, imports, exports and regular tasks necessary to support the membership and marketing departments’ annual goals.
- Create multi-segment data files for membership acquisition, renewal, reinstate, and annual fund campaigns, through both email and direct-mail; and create associated campaign, fund, and appeal codes.
- Create mail and email files for marketing mailings including quarterly members’ magazine, monthly email newsletters, and seasonal mailings for properties and regions.
- Create and upload current-record update files to appropriate applications and FTP sites.
- Create weekly gift files for outside analytics team.
- Create files for list exchanges, and other direct marketing.
- Create exclusion queries and suppression “kill” files.
- Validate accuracy and integrity of queries, reports, and data output files.
- Manage donation and program sign-up forms on website, e-commerce portal, and property point-of-sale systems and map to database.
- Fulfill other data requests from Membership, Development, and Marketing colleagues as needed.
- Perform routine database hygiene processes.
- Document business rules and other policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects as needed, individually and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will be technologically savvy, self-motivated, reliable, and flexible, with impeccable attention to detail.
Additional qualifications include:
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience managing database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Expertise in The Raiser’s Edge in all facets (gift entry, query, reports, system maintenance) required; Blackbaud certification desirable.
- Fluency with Luminate Online and ImportOmatic highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM system highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Siriusware, Tessitura, or other ticketing/POS system desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage many deadlines, projects, and relationships.
- Familiarity and understanding of direct-marketing procedures and best practices.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Ability to multitask and adhere to multiple project deadlines.
- Strong analytic and organizational skills; ability to manage projects and workflow while using time and resources effectively.
- High regard for customer service and visitor experience.
About The Trustees
Founded in 1891, The Trustees of Reservations (The Trustees) preserves, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and works to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on more than 100 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 Member households.
We kindly request that you do not call or email to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Benefits and Salary
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Data Systems Manager is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. As a full-time employee, the Data Systems Manager is eligible for benefits offered by The Trustees, including: medical insurance, disability and life insurance, vacation, sick and personal time, and the option to participate in our 401(k) plan. The position is based at 200 High Street in Boston but work-from-home accommodations will be made for necessary off-hour (evening and weekend) processes.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online via The Trustees' website linked here.