Details: Commensurate with experience
New York Public Radio and its main properties, WNYC and WQXR, have been engaging the hearts and minds of radio listeners in New York and around the country for generations. To re-invent that tradition and reach a new generation of listeners we’re transforming how our audiences discover, listen to, become engaged with, and contribute to NYPR’s programming across our digital platforms.
We are looking for a Director, HR Business Partner to join our HR team in New York City.
As our Director, HR Business Partner you will need to understand the business so that you can help our managers and leaders with complex challenges and give guidance on people topics. You'll also have the opportunity to be hands-on, working with colleagues to get things done on a variety of people-related areas. As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support our employees, build morale and increase productivity and retention. In this role, you will have the opportunity to innovate and offer ideas and solutions acting as an employee champion and a change agent.
- Partner with NYPR leadership and managers to define and execute their business and talent priorities, key talent decisions, providing advice and expertise
- Provide expert counsel and coaching to leaders in their roles and with their own personal development
- Support the business with organizational change and development as necessary, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success
- Coaching managers on performance management, employee relations, career development, and team design
- Drive, evaluate, and measure employee engagement through one-on-one meetings, surveys, and communication initiatives
- Define learning and development requirements for NYPR staff
- Supporting diversity equity and inclusion and internal mobility initiatives
- Steward the culture and help the company engage and retain our talent
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 8-10 years of experience within a fast-moving and growing media organization
- Well-rounded and demonstrated technical expertise in several key HR disciplines, including recruiting, employee relations, compensation, organizational development and labor relations
- Excellent relationship development and management skills, with the ability to operate in an empathetic yet influential manner
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to pivot between strategy and tactical execution seamlessly
- Self-starter who is well-suited to a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Exceptional judgment and problem-solving skills
- A data-driven approach to identifying priorities, communicating progress, and measuring results
- Clear, poised, and concise communication
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link:
NYPR must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy.