1418 NW 65th St
OneWorld Now! is an after-school language and global leadership program for underserved youth in the Seattle area. We seek an energetic, organized, and dedicated individual to join our Arabic teaching team as an Arabic Teaching Fellow for our academic year program (October – June). Whether you are a native, heritage, or second language speaker of Arabic, this is a chance to share the language and culture you love with high school students and learn from a team of experienced Arabic teachers in a highly rewarding environment.
This position is intended as a program for developing or aspiring Arabic teachers to learn by doing—teaching their own classes—and by working with more experienced teachers.
Nature of work: Part-time (7-10 hours/week)
- Native, heritage, or second-language proficiency in Arabic (intermediate high or above)
- Knowledge of Modern Standard Arabic—applicants need not have native-level speaking skills, but should have the ability to conduct a conversation in Modern Standard Arabic
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Interest in learning about modern best practices in language pedagogy
- Interest in working with diverse youth, including low-income youth and youth of color
- Adaptability, flexibility, and openness to feedback, learning, and growth
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience working with youth in the United States
- Experience teaching or tutoring Arabic
- Teach an Arabic I class at Ballard High School 4:30pm – 6pm on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Attend weekly teachers’ meetings on Fridays from 3:30pm – 5pm in the Chinatown / International District
- Participate in professional development on an ongoing basis (variable).
- Classes at Ballard High School (1418 NW 65th St)
- Weekly meetings in the Chinatown / International District (610 Maynard Ave S)
OneWorld Now! is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the short application form at https://goo.gl/forms/hlNw1WWfvbdEGNcl2 and send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to Sarah Standish, Academic Program Manager, at email@example.com, with “Arabic Teaching Fellow” in the subject line.