14645 Rothgeb Drive
CASA & CASA IN ACTION SYNOPSIS:
CASA’s mission is to create a more just society by building power and improving the quality of life in working class and immigrant communities. Our vision is a future where we stand in our own power, our families live free from discrimination and fear, and our diverse communities thrive as we work with our partners to achieve full human rights for all. CASA has a sister organization, CASA in Action, a separate, but related, nonprofit organization that is exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. Although CASA and CASA in Action share a common goal of supporting immigrants and low-income people in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, they are separate organizations with their own board of directors. A set of employees at the two organizations, including the person filling this position, shares their time between the two organizations. This has no effect on salary or benefits.
The Citizenship Coordinator is responsible for coordinating CASA’s Citizenship Maryland Program, AmeriCorps Program, Financial Education Program, and Citizenship Class instruction.
● Coordinate AmeriCorps program, conduct site visits, and provide day-to-day support to AmeriCorps members to ensure they are providing the required services to CASA members
● Arrange with partner organizations administration of AmeriCorps members serving in their sites
● Collect data for bi-weekly statistics/reports that need to be provided to the Immigrant Integration Program Manager
● Conduct citizenship outreach to media outlets, small businesses, schools, local governments, faith based communities, labor unions, etc.
● Provide volunteers and AmeriCorps members guidance at citizenship clinic events
● Conduct quality control of citizenship applications made by AmeriCorps members
● Develop volunteer opportunities, recruit, and train volunteers as well as pro-bono attorneys to support daily tasks and citizenship clinic events or other related activities
● Coordinate with legal department to ensure CASA members receive quality services
● Maintain program information system and conduct quality check audits
● Coordinate activities with team members in charge of financial education and coaching to ensure program cohesion
● Collaborate with other CASA departments and programs to ensure that community members are afforded an opportunity to build the power of the immigrant community. In particular, CASA expects services and organizing to be delivered in an integrated way.
● Participate actively in the annual planning process, including developing and executing individual work plans, evaluating and providing feedback on plans as the year progresses
● Think creatively about ways to improve further his/her specific job and CASA as an organization
● Participate in budget formulation and monitoring for this program
● Participation in CASA actions, mobilizations and events as needed and required
● Provide quality customer service, interactions and responses to all members, partner organizations, vendors, visitor, callers and any other individual or organization you may encounter in your role with CASA.
● Understand and promote CASA membership and services
● Maintain a positive attitude
● Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Why Work At Casa:
HEALTH INSURANCE (Medical, Dental and Vision)
CASA offers an excellent health plan and pays 100% of the cost of coverage for single employees.
SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY COVERAGE
CASA offers short and long term disability coverage at not cost to the employee.
LIFE AND AD&D INSURANCE
CASA provides 1.5x times annual earnings to a maximum of $120,000 in life insurance benefits, as well as AD&D coverage with the premium paid 100% by CASA for the individual.
CASA provides access to a 403-B with Lincoln Financial Group. CASA will match the individual’s contributions up to 2% once completing the first year of service.
GENEROUS TIME OFF
At hire, CASA offers staff with 120 hours of Annual Leave for the first two years of service and 160 hours of Annual Leave after, and 80 hours Sick Leave.
CASA observes all Federal Holidays, except Columbus Day and Presidents Day:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
CASA staff who drive on CASA business shall be paid a mileage allowance. Employees required by CASA to use cell phones will have the option to be issued a cell phone or receive a monthly allowance.
CASA employees who are pursuing a course of study related to work performed at CASA may be reimbursed for the cost of tuition, fees, and textbooks per fiscal year.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
CASA provides employees with an EAP (employee assistance program) that can help staff find solutions for the everyday challenges of work and home as well as far more serious issues involving emotional and physical well-being.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website: