Details: Full time, salary is commensurate with experience
The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence is a national organization devoted exclusively to providing legal assistance in support of gun violence prevention. The Law Center grew out of the July 1, 1993, assault weapon massacre that began at a law firm at 101 California Street in San Francisco. For the past 20 years, the Law Center has provided legal assistance to advocates and community leaders seeking local and statewide solutions to prevent gun violence and acted as an educational provider to the general public. With a budget of approximately $2.5 million, a dedicated 35-member Board of Directors, a committed staff of 17, the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence provides critical support for the enactment of effective and defensible legislation at the state and local levels. To learn more about our work, visit lawcenter.giffords.org.
The Operations Manager’s main areas of responsibilities are assisting to manage the day to day operations of the finance department and overall organization. This role works closely with the Chief Operating Officer in particular processing Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts and performing reconciliations with the Development team. Additionally, this position supports day to day administrative functions including working with technology consultants, general office communications, staff meeting coordination and ordering supplies.
The Giffords Law Center’s staff is highly collaborative and team-oriented. The work is fast-paced, complex, and often creative. The ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, enjoys interacting with the staff, works independently and can keep pace in an exciting and often changing environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support Finance Department
· Process Accounts Payable: prepare invoices for payment, write checks in Quickbooks
· Process Cash Receipts: prepare bank deposits, deposits and bank reconciliation
· Collect and process monthly staff time sheets and allocation summaries
· Manage credit card statements and collection of staff receipts for activity
· Manage all filing of financial documents
· Assist with audit preparation and summary document preparation for annual audit
· Coordinate tickets for tech support with outside consulting firm
· Office Equipment management and maintenance coordination
· Ordering supplies and manage mailing through fedex and ups
· Managing internal communications documents (ex., staff directory, presentations summary)
· Coordination of organization calendar
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one year experience using Quickbooks for nonprofits
- Understanding of basic accounting fundamentals
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office preferred
- Strong detail orientation
- Experience working with small office
- Experience with computer technology
Giffords Law Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Competitive benefits include health and dental, 401k plan, FSA accounts, holidays and PTO accrual
Minimum Education Required