1101 15th Street, NW
Digital Communications Coordinator
People For the American Way is a national advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way. The Digital Communications Coordinator is an integral part of a dynamic online program including the flagship PFAW.org organizational website, the high-traffic Right Wing Watch blog, and an email membership with over 1 million activists.
The Digital Communications Coordinator works to engage and communicate with our digital audience, especially our email membership list, in support of the organization’s advocacy and fundraising goals. This position supports a range of digital marketing activities, including email marketing, reporting and analytics, social media campaigns, digital advertising. The Digital Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Digital Advocacy and Marketing and works collaboratively with the Digital Strategy team and staff across multiple departments and programs. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
· Write, build, and test email action alerts, fundraising messages, petitions, and donation pages.
· Compile material for and produce monthly membership email newsletter and weekly Right Wing Watch digest emails
· Provide regular reporting on email and digital campaign performance and test results; provide in depth analysis and recommendations for continual improvement
· Maintain quality and accuracy of email and audience segmentation lists
· Create graphics for emails and other digital platforms
· Help manage websites and social media properties in coordination other digital and communications staff
· Provide quality assurance testing of other digital team members’ content
· Stay current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy and political organizations
· 1-2 years’ experience in email communications/marketing, preferably in an advocacy or campaign environment
· Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems (experience with ActionKit strongly preferred but not specifically required), CMS systems (such as WordPress), and data analysis experience in Microsoft Excel
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative in managing tasks and projects as well as proactively anticipating project needs and problems
· Experience with Photoshop and creating simple graphics
· Strong understanding of email and fundraising metrics, analytics, and A/B testing
· Familiarity with Facebook Ad Manager and Optimizely preferred
· Meticulous attention to detail, including strong proofreading and QA skills with tight turnaround
· Ability to work under pressure and code emails/HTML and write audience queries quickly
· Strong writing ability and organizational skills — ability to manage priorities and multi-task in a rapid response environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources, People For the American Way Foundation, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People For the American Way Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.