Harlem School of the Arts (HSA) seeks an organized experienced HR Coordinator to handle its Human Resources Administration, Payroll Processing, and business operations. The successful candidate will be a detailed oriented self-starter who is familiar with payroll administration procedures and office management activities. He or she will enjoy interacting with a multicultural community and be passionate about the arts. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the mission, growth, and success of this award-winning, historically important Harlem arts organization.
The HR Coordinator will organize and coordinate payroll administration and HR protocols in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The HR Coordinator will develop and maintain recordkeeping systems, streamline administrative procedures, manage HR-related administrative tasks, and facilitate benefits renewals. He or she will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and be able to work independently or as part of a team. The successful candidate will be flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an organization of diverse people.
This is a permanent part-time position (25 hours per week) and is currently remote. On site training in Harlem may be scheduled. The position is eligible for benefits.
· Managing tasks related to payroll administration, general office administration, benefits, and Human Resources
· Timekeeping and Attendance and related reporting
· Overseeing routine accounts payable activities, such as managing invoices, and preparing payment requests for Finance department
· Maintaining accurate and complete employee records and confidential files
· Compiling, analyzing, and reporting information to Finance team and Senior management
· Processing organization insurance and employee benefits renewal processes
· Onboarding new hires and training employees in how to manage timekeeping in payroll system
· Additional duties as assigned
· Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of discretion
· Experience with payroll processing (experience with Paychex system preferred)
· Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
· Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
· Familiarity with benefits administration
· Proven Office Management or Bookkeeping experience
· Exceptional time management skills
· Ability to analyze and synthesize information and processes
· Excellent written and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Minimum 2-3 years office management and payroll experience
· Understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
· Mastery level experience with Excel
· Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Spanish language skills a plus
Harlem School of the Arts (HSA) seeks an organized experienced HR Coordinator to handle its Human Resources Administration, Payroll Processing, and business operations. The successful candidate…
To apply for the Harlem School of the Arts HR Coordinator position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate HR Coordinator in the subject line.
To apply for the Harlem School of the Arts HR Coordinator position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate HR Coordinator in the subject…