Operations and Administration Coordinator
Details: Commensurate with experience
125 Paseo de la Plaza
Title: Operations and Administration Coordinator.
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary: We are looking for an energetic candidate with knowledge and expertise to manage daily operations at our non-profit that assists immigrant families.
The Operations and Administration Coordinator has excellent communication and organization stills. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in office management and procedures and policies and will be able to actively discover new ways to do the job more efficiently.
The goal is to ensure all administrative, and finance operations are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the operations of COFEM to function properly to carry its mission.
Mission: COFEM’s mission is to empower immigrant communities to be full participants in the social, political, economic, and cultural life of the United States and their home county. We accomplish this work by uniting, strengthening, and expanding our member organizations to better advocate, preserve, and share their cultural traditions and help improve the lives of families and friends in their county of origen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with the Executive Director in coordinating the effective financial planning, and ensuring sound accounting and reporting, financial management, office management, etc.
2. Monitor cost and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
3. Prepare payables and receivables.
4. Manages HR including processing employees benefits, maintain employees files, etc.
5. Oversees the organization’s databases, listservs, and administrative and record-keeping functions.
6. Works with management in coordinating regular internal audit assignments and works responsively and cooperatively with external auditors.
7. Planning and coordinating administrative procedures and systems and devising ways to streamline process.
8. Assist personnel in the purchasing of supplies and other needs for the programs.
9. Oversee COFEM office maintenance and manages relationships and dealings with El Pueblo Historical Monument.
10. Works with E.D. and Director of Programs in the development of reports, memorandums and other documents for Board of Directors and affiliated organization.
11. Any other duties as assigned by E.D.
• Knowledge of educational programs and their budget implications.
• Prepares and maintains the organizational budget.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to focus special attention to details.
• Understanding of sound and current business and management practices with the ability to direct organization-wide activities such as setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, developing policies and procedures, and organizing the functions necessary to accomplish the organization’s vision and mission.
• Ability to fluently speak, write, and read Spanish is required.
• Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
• A team player with leadership skills.
B.A. degree in business administration, finances, or a related field.
Standard employer paid benefits including paid vacations, medical, dental, and life insurance.
Commensurate with experience.
This is a fulltime position. Operations hours are from 9am to 5:30 Monday to Friday. The staff will assist in the coordination of one or two meetings per month and will be required to take notes. These two meetings will be outside the scheduled time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.