Are you an experienced youth development or education professional with a passion for increasing economic opportunity for all? Urban Alliance (UA), a national youth workforce development nonprofit, is seeking a Program Coordinator for the Baltimore region to support a cohort of interns through a year-long internship program, manage external partners, and facilitate professional development workshops. This position reports to the Program Director.
About Urban Alliance
Urban Alliance provides economically-disadvantaged young people with the exposure, opportunity, support, and training needed to prepare them for lifelong economic self-sufficiency. Urban Alliance’s core program matches underserved high school seniors with paid, professional internships, job skills training, one-on-one mentoring, and ongoing post-program support to expand their idea of what is possible for their future. Founded in Washington, D.C. in 1996, Urban Alliance has since expanded to Baltimore, Chicago, and Northern Virginia. To date, Urban Alliance has placed over 4,000 students in paid internships and served more than 18,000 through job skills training.
Program Coordinator Responsibilities
· Intern support – Actively recruit participants from Baltimore City public schools; Monitor the professional, academic, and personal performance of at least 35 high school interns; Formally evaluate intern job performance and skill development; Counsel interns on post-high school options; develop individual plans for all interns; conduct formal evaluations of intern job performance and skill development; Troubleshoot and mediate job-site conflicts.
· External relationship management – Build and maintain relationships with students, mentors, parents, and school staff;
· Facilitation – Facilitate six weeks of training as well as weekly professional development workshops for high school cohort from November – July.
· Data management – Track, analyze, and report program and intern data; Actively use outcome data to guide program decisions for real-time course corrections
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least two years prior experience in youth development, curriculum development, or facilitation
· Is passionate about our mission and the possibilities of what you can accomplish
· Experience working with community organizations and schools in under-resourced areas
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Can work successfully independently and in a team
· Ability to meet tight deadlines
· Proficiency in MS Office suite
· Ability to commit to at least two consecutive years of employment with Urban Alliance
· Evidence of developing and implementing a program with strong results
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and maintain deep relationships with a variety of diverse constituents
· Ability to develop and execute long-term strategy while being able to pivot to meet immediate needs, or address unforeseen student needs, as they arise
· Ability to accomplish goals and objectives with a sense of urgency and thoughtfulness
· Excellent judgment and sound decision-making skills
Are you an experienced youth development or education professional with a passion for increasing economic opportunity for all? Urban Alliance (UA), a national youth workforce development nonprofit, is seeking a Program Coordinator for…
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation & Benefits
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document addressed to Nikki Brooks, Program Director – Baltimore. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line: Program Coordinator – Baltimore, MD.
Note: Please do not call to inquire about the position. Any application submitted through means not stated above will not be considered. Learn more at www.theurbanalliance.org.
Please submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF document addressed to Nikki Brooks, Program Director – Baltimore. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis…