40 Wall Street
The Hadassah Foundation invests in social change, granting over a half million dollars each year to organizations in Israel and the United States that empower women and girls. As one of the largest Jewish women’s funds in the United States, Hadassah Foundation has awarded almost $8.3 million in grants to nearly 100 non-profit organizations. We are at a unique point in time, where issues facing women and girls are at the forefront of public consciousness. At this pivotal moment, the Hadassah Foundation is seeking a dynamic, visionary, collaborative leader who will partner with its volunteer Board to maximize its impact and spearhead growth. This is an exciting opportunity to shape and guide the Foundation, helping to realize the organization’s potential to be a leader in catalyzing change for women and girls in Israel and the United States.
Purpose of the Position
The Director will work in close partnership with the Board to implement the goals of the Foundation through inspirational leadership. She will work with our lay leaders to deepen the impact of the Foundation’s grant giving. The Director will execute strategies to raise additional funds and expand the visibility of the Foundation to the broader Jewish community.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the governance of a national Board.
- Partner with Foundation Chair, Executive Committee, the Board, and the committee chairs to create and implement strategic direction for the Foundation.
- Provide oversight and support of the granting processes, and supervise the dissemination and effective use of the funds.
- Build relationships with funding partners, grantees, and donors.
- Foster the orientation, development, empowerment, and ongoing mentorship of Board members, including keeping the Board updated on relevant topics related to our mission and granting partners.
- Manage the details of the Foundation Board meetings that are held twice a year.
- Manage and build the Foundation’s reputation and advocate to advance our mission.
- Oversee Board site visits to Israel.
- Oversee all financial and accounting functions including the development and implementation of the organization’s budget, the stewardship of donations, and the transference of grants.
- Establish systems and procedures for enhancing effectiveness and managing accountability of the Foundation’s goals.
- Develop and execute a communications plan that raises the public profile of the Foundation.
- Partner with the Board to envision, develop, and execute the Foundation’s fund raising strategy.
- Cultivate existing and new donors.
- Manage and foster the growth of additional Foundation staff.
Hadassah Foundation offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant professional and leadership experience, a portion of which is preferably in a non-profit volunteer environment
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and financial management
- Demonstrated ability to raise the public profile of an organization and deliver organizational growth
- Strategic thinker able to effectively implement change
- Strong organizational, administrative, and financial management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective verbal and written communicator able to inspire, influence, and build consensus
- Well networked in Jewish communal world
- Understands emerging trends in feminism, Jewish philanthropy, and grant making
- Well-versed in utilizing social media and technology to support the successful operations of the Foundation
- Flexible and open to new ideas and approaches
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree (MPA, MBA or non-profit management) preferred.
- CFRE would be helpful
We are proud too be an equally opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required