Per Diem Receptionist
This is a high-energy, fast-paced Receptionist position at Inspirica’s headquarters. The individual in this position will be “on call” to cover shifts at the front desk when regularly scheduled staff are unavailable. Candidates must have the flexibility to work on an as-needed basis; often times on short notice. Shifts are from 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am and can include weekdays, weekends, or holidays.
Inspirica is one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night we house approximately 350 people (850 per year, including 250 children) in 11 facilities. We are one of only a handful of organizations in the nation that is able to address the physical aspect of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying causes (support services) on a single, comprehensive, end-to-end platform -- a powerful, integrated “one-stop-shop.” Our residential services cover the spectrum of housing: emergency shelters, transitional housing, deeply affordable housing, permanent supportive housing; and rapid rehousing. Our support services are similarly comprehensive and include: vocational training (home health aide certification); workforce education; job placement; housing placement; job & housing retention support; early childhood & parenting services; children's services (including an after-school program); health care, counseling, case management, and much more. We further provide direct access to mental health care, psychiatric care, dental care, substance abuse treatment, etc. through a network of strategic partnerships.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
The Receptionist will attend the front desk at our headquarters, which includes residential and administrative facilities. The Receptionist will assist visitors, tenants, residents, and staff, and will enforce the rules of the buildings.
The Receptionist will report to the Front Desk Manager at Inspirica. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring building access, including signing-in visitors and providing access to residents and tenants.
- Answering the property telephone and directing calls.
- Being knowledgeable of Inspirica programs and properties, including appropriate contacts. (candidate will be trained)
- Being familiar with and enforcing all Inspirica policies and the policies of the building. (candidate will be trained)
- Preparing incident reports for incidents in the building lobby.
- Responding to fire alarms and other emergencies.
- Monitoring security cameras for the facility.
- Courteous and professional individual with the ability to deal with families, children and individuals from all walks of life.
- Respectful of boundaries with the residents. While we encourage staff to be personable and welcoming with residents, they should remember that they are there to enforce the building rules and are required to keep a professional distance to avoid conflicts or favoritism towards certain residents.
- Problem-solver who pays attention to detail; enjoys multi-tasking.
- Ability to learn the phone system.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Staff must be able to come to work when scheduled even in bad weather.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR EVENING AND/OR WEEKEND SHIFTS
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail with “Per Diem Receptionist” in the subject line to: search(at)inspiricact.org
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.