29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Unit: Better Living Center
Reports to: Clinical Director
Status: Part-Time 7-15 hours weekly; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: S211
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: June 04, 2018
The psychiatrist provides medical supervision and psychiatric services to mental health services clients.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and assessments at time of intake and when otherwise necessary;
- Provide psychotropic medication treatment; ability to prescribe utilizing electronic prescribing according to NYS law;
- Provide psychiatric service to The Better Living Center patients as needed;
- Develop and conduct mental health support groups on relevant topics;
- Provide supervision to Psychiatric NP and review treatment plans for three staff social workers.
- Conduct periodic mental health training for clinic and program staff;
- Participate in crisis intervention as needed;
- Provide internal and external referrals;
- Document psychiatric treatment in accordance with OMH regulations utilizing the agency database and electronic health record (EHR);
- Attend case conferences; and
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Graduate of an approved medical school with current and valid NYS MD license;
- Must be board eligible in Psychiatry; Board certification in addiction sub-specialties is a plus;
- Strong documentation and analytical skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with clients, at-risk youth and other disenfranchised populations is a plus;
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs and database case management systems; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - Requires travel to and from Fortune Society’s LIC and Harlem offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at: