Dorcas International is seeking an experienced Community Relations Manager. Do you enjoy providing strategic leadership for profile-raising activities in a growing, mission-driven organization? If so, then Dorcas International may be the place for you!
For nearly 100 years, Dorcas International Institute of Rhode Island has helped new arrivals and those with cultural and language barriers to achieve autonomy through education, employment services, refugee resettlement, family literacy, interpreting, translating, and immigration and citizenship services.
The Community Relations Manager supports the work of all agency activities on projects and events to promote Dorcas International client support, marketing, communications, and development efforts. This person will represent the organization and expand awareness of the organization’s mission and services. The resulting external relationships will strategically grow the agency through a variety of channels; building programmatic partnerships, and developing donor relations.
The candidate should have the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related area
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders
- Skill in building coalitions among people, organizations and institutions
- Excellent communication skills including writing, editing and public speaking
- Solid diplomatic skills and aptitude to communicate assertively, yet compassionately, with poise and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Demonstrated experience managing the logistical needs for on-site and off-site events
- Flexibility to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Regular travel for presentations and workshops may require a valid driver’s license
- Generous employer paid health & dental benefits
- Generous paid vacation, sick and personal leave in addition to 12 paid holidays
- Employer Paid 403b Retirement and Life Insurance
- Starting pay range $41,226-$44,167 annually
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by 04/9/2018 to
Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org