Details: Salary and Benefits: CAASE provides a competitive benefits package, including health, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance and paid time off. Salary low-fifties, negotiable depending on experience.
307 N Michigan Ave., Suite 1818
Function: The Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for the administration, coordination, and evaluation of CAASE’s human resources functions. This position contributes to the development of human resources planning, and administers procedures related to personnel. This role is managed by the Operations Director and necessitates working closely with other departments.
Talent Management & Staff Engagement
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all employees: writes and places job postings, works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conducts reference checks, and extends job offers.
- Develops onboarding and offboarding processes to be best in class; conducts both orientations and exit interviews.
- Maintain employee files: tracking PTO and payroll enrollment, and keeping records.
- Collaborate with the Operations team to establish a robust professional and career development policy; identifying professional and leadership development opportunities and managing performance management process.
- Identifies, recommends, and evaluates staff training and development opportunities, including skill building and cultural awareness activities, including skill building and inclusion and diversity activities.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement through staff development and engagement activities.
- Provides counseling, mediating, negotiating, and solutions for employee relations issues; handles all EEO complaints and investigations through to resolution; maintains an open door policy and accessible manner.
Systems, Processes, and Procedures
- Recommends, implements, and evaluates human resources plan, personnel policies and HR procedures.
- Collaborates with the Operations team to establish and institute policies and practices to attract, retain, and support staff.
- Provides guidance and develops policies on situations that fall outside of existing personnel policies.
- Implements intersectional equity practices outlined in strategic plan, including convening and leading a board/staff inclusion and diversity committee.
- Prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Maintains current organizational chart and staff directory.
- Using Zenefits database, enrolls and administers benefits programs: health, dental and disability insurance, unemployment, and workers compensation.
Status: Full Time. Exempt.
Reports to: Operations Director
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred); Experience may be substituted for education.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Human Resources and Talent Management, with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Proven track record of strategic HR experience in a startup or high growth company
- SHRM Certification preferred, but at minimum an understanding and competence in state and federal labor regulations, employment law, compensation and benefits administration, workers’ compensation and COBRA.
- Expertise in critical evaluation, cultural awareness, relationship management, and ethical practice.
- Experience creating systems and policies that impact staff efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience or education in inclusion and diversity best practices and implementation.
- Knowledge and expertise in Microsoft Office applications and Google Suite and ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills required. Ability to handle sensitive personnel issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to handle a variety of projects and assignments at once while maintaining sense of urgency and attention to detail; managing time well; asking for support when needed.
- Commitment to ending the perpetration of sexual exploitation in Chicago and Illinois.
- Commitment to feminist principles.
Organization Values: CAASE is a feminist organization, committed to ending all forms of sexual exploitation including specifically sexual assault and prostitution. CAASE is opposed to all forms and manifestations of inequality, including but not limited to those based in race, sexual orientation, and gender. CAASE does not discriminate against job applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, age, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military services. CAASE supports a woman’s full access to reproductive health information and services.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Applicants for this position should provide a resume and cover letter describing (1) your personal philosophy about human resources and how you have applied that philosophy in the workplace, and (2) your ideal HR structure and how your skills and expertise can contribute to the implementation and management of that structure. Submit resume and cover letter by email to Lenise Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.