Details: Competitive salary, commensurate with prior experience, education and abilities. The programs referenced in this job announcement are contingent upon grant funding.
815 Colorado Boulevard
The California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry (Registry), a project of the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles (CCALA), is a state-wide information system that serves the early care and education (ECE) workforce as well as researchers and policy makers. It collects, verifies and records demographic, education, training, and employment data about the ECE workforce. Registry data will be used for many purposes including planning professional development programs for individuals in the workforce, policy development and decision making, accountability and evaluation.
The Registry Data Entry Supervisor will work with the Registry Operations Manager and State-wide Consultant to ensure the quality and integrity of Registry data by overseeing and implementing data entry processes and procedures. The Data Entry Supervisor will also oversee Registry user support and provide general information and technical assistance via phone calls and emails to Registry participants, Training Sponsor Organizations, trainers, and others regarding the Registry.
The Registry Data Entry Supervisor will assist and support the CCALA managers in carrying out program activities including day-to-day operation tasks, follow-up, and communications. This supervisory position is offered to those interested in being part of an organization that is committed to making a difference and pursuing a career with a nonprofit providing solid leadership in program development and management, service delivery and advocacy for the child care and education field.
The Registry Data Entry Supervisor will play a key role in ensuring effective, efficient and consistent service and communication is maintained with internal and external staff working on Registry activities. This position will support the Registry Operations Manager with customer service with CCALA staff, the Resource and Referral Agencies, Administrators and participants, as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· Minimum of one year of direct experience supervising staff and overseeing data entry and customer support.
· Minimum of three years of relevant experience including data entry and customer service with external clients.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet required deadlines.
· Leadership abilities and supervisory skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse client populations.
· Ability to track large amounts of data via computer programs and database system.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion, and good judgement.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, including experience with Windows, Microsoft Office suite, databases, word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Desire to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization and work cooperatively with other agencies.
· Ability to be flexible, innovative and to adapt to the changing needs of the program.
· Understanding of the Los Angeles child care delivery system, stakeholders, agencies and child care provider population is desirable.
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurance coverage which meets CA standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Implement and maintain data entry and quality assurance procedures and protocols.
· Oversee the work activities of Registry data and help desk staff; direct and allocate work to staff to ensure deadlines are met.
· Track/monitor progress of data verification, analysis, and entry per data policies and procedures.
· Monitor and address data security issues and quality issues.
· Monitor policies & procedures for data processes implementation and recommend modifications as needed.
· Coordinate and carry out quality assurance practices per policies and procedures; monitors accuracy rates of data entry staff. Evaluate data entry staff performance and provide feedback.
· Train data entry staff on data entry policies and procedures, Registry database system and new features.
· Process various educational, professional development and employment documents and accurately enter data; maintain data security and confidentiality protocols and follow data entry processes and procedures.
· Provide technical assistance and support to Registry users; promptly respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries.
· Work in close collaboration with the Operations Manager to support ongoing improvements and assist with achieving defined program goals and fiscal objectives to ensure project success; identify data integrity or data entry challenges and develop solutions.
· Perform general office duties such as filing, copying, scanning, etc.
· Participate in events as needed to help maintain CCALA and Registry visibility with funders and other current and potential stakeholders.
· Attend designated community meetings and other meetings, as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Registry Operations Manager
We offer cafeteria plan health benefits, 403 B retirement plan, 10 paid holidays and accrued vacation and sick.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be proficient in both oral and written English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, send resume and cover letter to:
Karla Perez, Registry Operations Manager. Email: email@example.com
Email submissions only
No phone inquiries. Responses will be sent only to individuals meeting the outlined requirements of the position. The programs referenced in this job announcement are contingent upon grant funding.
The Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles is committed to building and sustaining a diverse workforce and culture. As part of this commitment, the Child Care Alliance of Los Angeles provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity/expression, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.