YEP IS HIRING!
The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP) is a community-based, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that provides an array of mentoring, educational, employment training, case management and enrichment programming to underserved youth and young adults in the Greater New Orleans region. YEP strives to always provide the highest quality services to all of our youth and their families.
YEP is looking for a Youth Advocate to work with our team that is based in St. Charles parish to provide services to underserved and court-involved youth in Region 4to balance out our team and further our good work.
The Youth Advocate will share our Core Values:
RESPECT YEP believes all people have value and should be treated with dignity.
INTEGRITY YEP is honest and sincere.
PROGRESS YEP believes in ongoing learning and innovation.
KINDNESS YEP is caring and generous.
ACCOUNTABILITY YEP is responsible to its participants, families, community, donors and other stakeholders.
A YEP Youth Advocate is a direct care worker and is responsible for providing day-to-day case management and mentoring services to youth clients. This YA will work directly with youth who are underserved and court-involved. Youth Advocates are responsible for ensuring that youth receive caring, quality and appropriate mentoring and supportive services.
The Youth Advocate’s key responsibilities include:
· Provide mentoring support to youth identified by the referring entity and deemed eligible by YEP for enrollment
· Participate in the development of individualized service plans for youth
· Assist youth with meeting goals and monitoring progress toward goals
· Develop healthy, mentoring relationships with youth
· Maintain regular contact with each youth (phone and face-to-face)
· Plan and facilitate individual and group mentoring activities
· Regularly review each youth's progress toward meeting goals outlined in the service plan
· Provide transportation to youth clients (and families as required) to and from appointments and activities
· Assist with needs related to being able to successfully gain and retain employment
· Develop relationships with families of youth clients and maintain regular dialogue with family members about youths' needs, progress in the program, and challenges
· Advocate for youth clients within a variety of settings, including, but not limited to school, juvenile court, medical and mental health agencies and other community based service providers
· Maintain accurate documentation of all of the services provide to young people and their families, through physical case files and electronic data entry.
· Minimum of one year working with at-risk youth (three or more years of experience highly preferred)
· Experience working with you involved in the Juvenile Justice system highly preferred
· Deep commitment to supporting and working with youth
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
· Flexible, dependable and has an excellent work ethic
· Criminal background and driving record clear of disqualifying incidents per contractors guidelines
· Computer literate (good typing skills and proficient with Microsoft office)
· Must own a car and possess a valid Louisiana driver's license and insurance
· Be at least 21 years of age
· Understanding relevant practices of youth development
· Self-directed and able to work autonomously
· Demonstrated effectiveness at working with students to achieve educational goals
· Flexible and able to adapt to fast-paced environments very quickly
· Willing to work nontraditional hours
· A strong commitment to YEP’s mission and core values is required
· Comfortable working with diverse groups of individuals
· Familiar and comfortable with working within the communities that youth participants reside
This position may be full-time or part-time depending on the candidate and the needs of the program. Wages will be commensurate with time commitment and experience. For full-time employees YEP offers a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants must submit all of the following to be considered for this position: cover letter, resume, and a list of three references. All materials should be emailed to Megan Faunce at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday April 13, 2018. No phone calls.