Details: $20/hour - 25 hours a month max
District of Columbia
A CHILD FOR ALL
A Child for All is a U.S. non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. with current operations in the city of Bamako in Mali, West Africa. ACFA provides a safe and loving environment for twelve vulnerable children who had been living on the streets in Bamako, the capital of Mali. These children are welcomed into the home that our founder grew up in and they receive the nourishment, education, health care and attention necessary to thrive. Having grown up in Mali, ACFA’s founder possess a unique understanding of how to alleviate the dislocation and hopelessness that these children experience and ACFA provides the foundation for these children to grow and become empowered to achieve the futures they deserve.
Given the growing number of vulnerable children in the area, ACFA has decided to increase its capacity by building a new children's complex to serve the surrounding communities and support up to 100 more children. The Zorokoro Children's Complex will include dormitories, a school, a medical complex, and a sports complex. ACFA's vision to empower Mali's children to achieve a future they deserve is only continued by the work of our supporters and volunteers across the globe. See www.acfacorp.org.
ACFA is run by a small and dedicated working board in the Washington, DC area that gathers monthly. Our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization, eager to make a difference in the lives of Malian children.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
This part-time position (25 hours per month) Grant Writer will be responsible for writing and managing the grant development and proposal process, and collaborating with ACFA leadership. He/she must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with ACFA’s Board of Directors to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Understanding of ACFA’s mission and programs and maintain potential grants database
- Research, network, approach, and liaise with potential partners and build knowledge that informs future new grants strategies.
· Regularly checks relevant external information sources, such as FedBizOpps and Grants.gov, for updates on solicitations
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
We especially welcome candidates with personal or professional experience in West or sub-Saharan Africa, including Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and Diaspora Africans living in the U.S.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required