Founded in 1780, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is one of the nation’s oldest and most prominent honorary societies and independent policy research centers. The American Academy seeks a Human Resources and Recruiting Coordinator (HRRC) to coordinate full-cycle recruitment and onboarding, employee engagement, and special projects for the Human Resources Department. The HRRC also provides daily administration for the Human Resources department, provides general office support, and may work on special projects for other departments.
The Academy is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and looks to all its staff members to foster and promote its values. The HRRC will incorporate these values into their work to help develop an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all Academy staff. The Human Resources and Recruiting Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring that all Academy staff, and by extension, the Academy, can meet its strategic goals and deliver excellent service to the Fellows and general public.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will operate remotely through January 1, 2022, after which the position will be a hybrid role with at least three days a week at the House of the Academy in Cambridge, MA.
Human Resources Department
· Coordinate the full recruitment cycle for employees including advertising open positions, sourcing a diverse candidate pool, conducting screening interviews and scheduling follow-up interviews.
· Assist with developing a diverse workforce by seeking out new avenues for recruitment and helping to develop processes to ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment cycle.
· Lead employee engagement and wellness activities including creating a weekly internal newsletter, planning internal social events and providing timely resources and information.
· Assist with employee professional development, including researching training opportunities for staff and coordinating or conducting training workshops
· Support the work of the Academy’s Diversity & Inclusion Council, especially as it relates to recruiting and employee engagement.
· Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Human Resources department, including maintaining HR files and documentation, assisting with benefits enrollment, and answering frequently asked questions from applicants and employees.
General Office Support
· As needed, and based on availability, provide administrative and project support to other departments, including Finance, Membership Information & Elections, the Chief Operating Officer, and Information Technology.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
Posting range: $50K - $58K, commensurate with experience, plus full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, 403(b) plan, and more.
Location classification: Hybrid, in the office at least three days per week with more days as needed based on need. Schedule to be determined.
Commitment to Diversity:
The American Academy is committed to the diversity of its staff and membership. As a scholarly organization and research center, the Academy recognizes that diversity of thought, class, experience, sex, gender, race, physical or mental ability, age, religion, national origin, and sexual orientation is a value to uphold and is central to the mission and work of the organization. A more pluralistic staff embracing diversity of thought, approach and life experience fosters a more nuanced understanding of contemporary issues facing the nation and the world. Working together in a climate of respect and openness models the civil discourse that is fundamental to the work of the Academy.
About the Academy
The Academy membership encompasses over 5,600 members and reflects the full range of disciplines and professions: math and physical sciences, biological sciences, the social sciences, humanities and the arts, journalism, business and philanthropic leaders, educational, scientific, and cultural administrators as well as public affairs and public policy.
Founded in 1780, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences is one of the nation’s oldest and most prominent honorary societies and independent policy research centers. The American Academy seeks a Human Resources and Recruiting…