Details: Compensation is competitive
45 Main Street
Chicken & Egg Pictures is seeking an External Relations Coordinator to help ensure that the organization shines externally. The position will primarily support Chicken & Egg Pictures’ fundraising, as well as its communications and operations activities.
The ideal candidate derives great satisfaction in organizing and thrives on making sure things run smoothly. You have a stellar talent for project management and consider fine-tuning the smallest of details among your strongest aptitudes. You shine at ensuring that every meeting and event runs seamlessly; every correspondence is timely, tailored, and appropriately toned; and that databases and to-do lists are always up-to-date. You enjoy working behind the scenes and supporting your colleagues, knowing that your tactful ability to manage up and your 360-degree thinking will be invaluable assets to your fellow team members. You also love to write and have a talent for creating compelling materials that will raise Chicken & Egg Pictures’ profile. You are resourceful, eager to learn, and possess a positive and energetic approach to your work.
Come join a creative team that is truly passionate about advancing our mission of supporting women nonfiction filmmakers globally. As part of a small and collaborative team, you will have a chance to share your ideas, grow professionally, and work with all team members to learn multiple aspects of nonprofit arts management.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to and working closely with the External Relations Manager, some of your responsibilities are to:
- Manage a tracking and follow-up system in Salesforce and Google Calendar for fundraising activities, ensuring action steps are completed and deadlines are met by the development team;
- Organize and maintain communications and donor-related materials on the server and in Salesforce;
- Process incoming gifts, including sending acknowledgement letters, and updating Salesforce and the revenue-tracking spreadsheet;
- Coordinate team meetings, including agendas, meeting notes, and follow-up on action steps;
- Write newsletters, website content, social media, and other correspondence; and coordinate printing and distribution;
- Tailor materials for grant proposals, reports, presentations, and official correspondence;
- Research current and potential funders, and prepare donor packets and presentations for the development team;
- Assist in the organization and execution of donor events, Board meetings, and industry events;
- Organize travel and coordinate logistics for team attendance at events, festivals, etc.;
- Perform regular administrative tasks, such as preparing expense reports and managing the general inquiries inbox;
- Other projects and tasks, as assigned.
Who You Are
To be successful in this position, you will excel in three areas:
1. Project management ability: You are adept at simultaneously managing multiple projects and get excited about organizing. This is, in part, thanks to your meticulous attention to detail, follow-through, anticipation of obstacles, and prioritization skills. You are tech savvy and can quickly learn new tools and platforms. You have excellent judgement, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills, and you love learning new ways to be more efficient.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills: You consider relationship-building with a diverse range of people to be one of your strongest talents. Among the traits that make you a valuable team member are your sense of humor, initiative, warmth, and flexibility. With a keen editor’s eye for grammar and composition, your written materials are concise, compelling, and tailored for each audience.
3. Work ethic and style: You bring your strong work ethic and ambitious “can-do” attitude to every project. You also enjoy working behind-the-scenes and effectively manage up, making sure that your organization shines externally. A life-long learner, you are curious and value a diversity of thought, background, and perspective.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s degree and around three years of experience working for a nonprofit organization, ideally in a related field.
The External Relations Coordinator is willing to occasionally travel and attend organizational activities on evenings and weekends.
A passion for advancing the mission of Chicken & Egg Pictures is a must!
What Else You Should Know
Start date: June 2018
Deadline: Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early submission of your application is recommended. First-round interviews will take place in late April and early May.
Compensation: Compensation is competitive and we offer an exceptional benefits package.
Physical Demands: No unusual physical requirements. Nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility. The job requires the ability to see information in print and electronically.
Work Environment: Chicken & Egg Pictures’ main office is located in Brooklyn, NY and is shared with other film industry companies in a bright, open plan office. A satellite office is located in San Francisco, CA. Occasional travel may be required, with advance notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Chicken & Egg Pictures is an at-will and equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and multicultural individuals, as well as members of the LGBTQ community. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status or medical condition, including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process.
We offer an exceptional benefits package, including: health, dental and vision insurance; retirement plan with matching contribution; FSA for transit and medical; and paid leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Include “External Relations Coordinator – [your name]” in the subject line. Kindly include where you learned about this position opening.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early submission of your application is recommended. First-round interviews will take place in late April and early May.
Please, no phone calls. We will only respond to shortlisted candidates.