Details: Starting salary is $40,000
9159 Brookville Road
The movement to end poverty is growing, and A Wider Circle is seeking hardy and dedicated individuals who can drive our trucks throughout the region to pick up furniture and household items for our clients who are in need of essential support. This is a very physical position whose primary requirement is lifting and moving furniture and household items. The Neighbor-to-Neighbor team also serves as the liaison between the organization and all those seeking to help the cause.
Full Time Position: 4 days a week/$40,000 a year
- Drive a 17’ box truck to donors’ homes to pick up beds, dressers, and large and small home goods
- Assist in sorting, organizing, and cleaning areas of our 38,000 square-foot property
- Assist in aspects of daily operations, including, but not limited to managing the parking lot, greeting donors and clients, and loading and unloading trucks as they arrive
- Load clients’ vehicles with furniture items with care and attention to safety
- Adhere to policies and procedures in the driver’s safety guide
- Ability to obtain a DOT medical clearance to drive a 17’ box truck; experience preferred but not required
- Capable of lifting 100 pounds
- Actively be on your feet 9-10 hours a day
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and ability to speak well to donors and clients about our work and our mission
- Commitment and passion to join the movement to end poverty
We offer health insurance, retirement, voluntary benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required