Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
142 Berkeley Street
Family Reach is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing team in our Boston office. The organization is in a phase of tremendous growth. Therefore the Senior Accountant will have the opportunity to take on high levels of responsibility from day one, and have an opportunity to play an active role as the finance team grows in the future.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Chief of Staff, this person will serve as the go-to internal finance staff member. The Senior Accountant will interface regularly with our external accounting team, overseeing all of the day-to-day financial activities, including: payroll, accounts payables, monthly closings, reviewing and submitting reimbursement requests, etc. This role will also support the Director of Operations & Chief of Staff with some financial modeling and long-term financial planning for the organization.
The ideal candidate will have 4-7 years of experience with nonprofit finance and/or accounting, and be willing to improve existing and develop new policies, procedures and controls.
Accounts Payable, Expense Reimbursement and Payroll
- Accurately relay allocations for payables to external accounting team in a timely manner
- Review and approve monthly expense reimbursements for all staff
- Maintain supporting documentation for both AP and expense reimbursement
- Implement a more efficient expense reimbursement process
- Process payroll every other week with Professional Employer Organization via HRIS in a timely fashion, including payroll-related transactions such as retirement benefit contributions (employee and employer contributions)
- Reply to time-sensitive positive pay exceptions from the organization’s bank
Financial Management & Reporting
- Manage all communication with external accounting team
- Review all general ledger activity including accounts payable, accounts receivable, depreciation schedule and bank reconciliation as maintained by the organization’s external accounting team
- Work with external accounting team to address questions during monthly closing procedures
- Reconcile monthly transactions between CRM (Salesforce) and ERP (Quickbooks)
- Maintain, develop and improve policies, procedures, and controls to ensure accuracy, prevent fraud, and maintain records.
- Assist in long-term financial planning initiatives with senior leadership and the Board, through developing and utilizing forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses in order to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans
Audit Preparation & Management
- Lead day-to-day communication with external auditors
- Compile testing materials to prepare for annual audited financial statements and 990 IRS form
Grant, Contract Management & Compliance
- Support leadership, development and program staff with program and grant specific financial reporting, analysis, and projections for funder reporting
- Manage and regularly update a restricted fund schedule
- Track YTD revenue and expenditures, and work with leadership to ensure grant funded expenditures are spent within the required timeframe
- Implement and oversee compliance processes for the organization
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance required
- 4-7 years of professional nonprofit finance or public accounting experience
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
Family Reach is a national nonprofit dedicated to alleviating the financial burden of cancer. Working with more than 300 hospitals and cancer centers nationwide, the organization provides immediate financial assistance, education and navigation to families before they hit critical breaking points. Family Reach’s efficient, solutions-driven model bridges the gap between hospital and home, quickly providing the vital support families need to stay afloat. For more information visit www.familyreach.org.
Family Reach is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits include health insurance, retirement, competitive vacation and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to email@example.com