Details: Salary: commensurate with experience, plus healthcare benefits and 403(b) plan
Job Summary: To help students, leaders and parents come closer to Christ through teaching, fellowship, community, and more. The main focus of this task is to connect with teenagers in middle and high school.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
· Maintain a presence on both church campuses to foster and develop relationships with parents and students
· Lead the Family Ministries Team, a group of parents mobilized to support FUMC's children and youth staff.
· Prepare for and lead Sunday night student activities by preparing a program for both middle and high school, organizing dinner or snacks, creating small group curriculum, and making sure parents and students are greeted at pick up and drop off
· Manage student information and attendance records through ACS
· Create specific and measurable goals to gauge progress in engaging with youth and their families
· Prepare for and lead mid-week study groups as needed. This may consist of creating mid-week curriculum based on sermon series, or short-term bible study. Attend weekly staff and program staff meetings.
· Manage Student Ministries budget and communicate as needed with the church
Finance Committee concerning any changes or needs within the budget
· Manage communications with parents and congregation through emails, bulletins, phone calls, social media, and mailers
· Keep student ministry area of FUMC website and social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) up to date
· Engage in pastoral care and relational discipleship for all active student members
through phone calls, text messages, social media, and personal visits
· Attend weekly worship with students in the 9:30am East contemporary service
· Consistently engage in practices of personal spiritual formation
· Submit a monthly report to Leadership Council and attend Leadership Council meetings if requested.
· Develop a strong working relationship with the Children's Director.
· Manage attendance records through ACS church intranet (REALM).
· Plan and oversee a large-scale summer mission trip, including fundraisers to support the trip throughout the year.
· Communicate with parents via Facebook, emails, and constant contact of upcoming activities, events, and updates within the ministry
· Plan and develop opportunities for parents within the student ministry to connect and engage with one another to support and grow in their relationships with Christ and each other
· Plan and oversee small summer student activities (rafting, cookouts, movies, ball games, etc...)
· Prepare and lead summer mid-week bible study including curriculum, small groups, and snacks or dinner
· Recruit, manage, disciple, train, and oversee volunteer student leaders
· Plan and oversee fall and spring special trips such as Rock the Universe, spiritual life retreats, special student conferences, etc...
· Oversee and co-lead FUMC’s confirmation program including classes, retreats, and confirmation Sunday
· Plan, oversee and lead annual student leaders training trip
· Handle monthly credit card requisitions including reimbursements and receipts for church credit card.
· Assure that all volunteers and staff working with students have successfully passed a background check and participated in the FUMC child / student safety training event.
· Prepare and submit an annual budget request for all Student Ministry areas
Reports to: Senior Pastor for day-to-day operations, and Staff Parish Relations Committee for evaluation and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.
Oversees: Volunteers, both student and parent
Minimum Education Required