11350 McCormick Rd
Executive Plaza Building# 1, Suite 105
The Brigance Brigade Foundation (BBF) is a 501c3 public charity which equips, encourages, and empowers people with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and their families. With enthusiasm, patience, and creativity, the person in this role will be responsible for supporting the organization’s operations to help those touched by ALS thrive.
Time commitment: Full-time
Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-exempt / hourly
- The Operations Assistant is responsible for the daily administrative responsibilities of the Brigance Brigade Foundation.
- The Operations Assistant will support fundraising events and initiatives of the Foundation.
- The Operations Assistant is responsible for managing and overseeing the administrative details of the Patient Grant Award program of the Foundation.
- Work in partnership with the Foundation Director to help ALS families.
- Maintain the Brigance Brigade Foundation office keeping it organized
- Order office supplies, open Foundation mail, process donation payments as needed
- Assist with coordinating and staffing fundraising events, as needed/able
- Oversee the Patient Grant awards program. Including tracking all incoming support contacts, preparing application for consideration to our Patient Grant Committee and notifying applicant of decision
- Oversee and maintain the Patient Grant awards for families
- Maintain the petty cash log and expenses with integrity
- Make bank deposits to local banks, as needed
- Input donation checks into donor database system with accuracy and attention to detail
- Send thank you letters to donors $100 donations or under
- Job demands some physical requirements lifting items up to 30 lbs if able, as well as working some weekends and evenings if able
- Attend board meetings, as able / needed
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Business administration experience preferred
- Knowledge and skill in Word, Excel, Outlook and basic database skills a plus, or a willingness to learn
· Experience with coordinating care and resource guidance for those with disabilities a plus
· Experience with relationship-management a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Patience and compassion while working with people with disabilities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple activities and priorities; flexible as priorities and direction change within this small nonprofit team
- Minimum – High School Degree; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience appreciated
- Willingness to learn and improve work processes to make the best use of time and funding
Brigance Brigade Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all who are interested and passionate to apply.
Flexible work environment
Opportunity for growth
Retirement program, vacation and sick leave offered
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Kindly send resume and cover letter indicating your interest and fit for the position to email@example.com. Include "Operations Assistant" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.