105 Chauncy Street
Housing Search Advocate
Dynamic, innovative non-profit agency seeks experienced person for a Housing Search Advocate position in our Boston office. The position assists women who are experiencing homelessness or precarious housing situations through a partnership with Rosie’s Place.
HomeStart is Greater Boston’s leading provider of housing search and follow-up support services for homeless and low-income people.
· Provide direct, intensive housing search support to program participants through a strategic housing search plan
· Conduct housing search workshops, information sessions, and clinics
· Maintain communication with case managers, housing providers, and Rosie’s Place staff as needed
· Provide information referral services to HomeStart clients
· Maintain detailed files and perform accurate data entry
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in housing search or related field (mental health services and counseling, case management, advocacy, community organizing, education, and/or property management)
- Dedication to ending homelessness
- Passion for advocacy, outreach, and effective social service delivery
- Ability to complete housing applications, read and interpret notices, and perform other verbal and written tasks on behalf of clients
- Ability to perform basic calculations and use computers to write letters and perform data entry
- Ability to facilitate groups and conduct presentations
- Organization, time management, and accountability
- Knowledge of subsidized and private housing resources and regulations preferred
- Experience with homeless adults and/or mental health conditions preferred
- Bilingual skills in Spanish or Haitian Creole a plus
HomeStart offers: Salary plus generous benefits package, a dynamic staff, flexibility, and a supportive work environment. HomeStart is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Persons of color and formerly homeless persons encouraged to apply. Email cover letter and resume to: Keitha Crozier, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual a plus but not required.
Minimum Education Required