Net Impact is seeking a dynamic writer and communicator to engage our audiences and bring our messaging to life. The right candidate loves to tell stories in a variety of formats, from written to audio to video and is passionate about communicating with a range of stakeholders. The Writer and Creative Manager will turn a complex mission into compelling short stories and longer case studies. Success in this role also includes partnering with programs, fundraising, and creative professionals to generate outstanding emails, publications, presentations, web pages, and more.
The Net Impact creative team is resourceful and scrappy. We work quickly and work smart to generate strategic deliverables for our colleagues and organization. The ideal candidate moves fast, writes beautifully, produces content with flair, geeks out on technology, and loves to work collaboratively. In addition, our future colleague is organized and able to demonstrate an extremely high level of attention to detail and has exceptionally high standards for error free work.
Once Here You Will
· Create and execute the next iteration of the “Net Impact voice”
· Influence and implement our storytelling and communications strategy focused on our key audiences (funders and potential funders, chapter leaders, chapter members)
· Organize our communications calendar and manage internal teams to understand and utilize our systems
· Partner with our Creative Director and other senior leaders to create meaningful and high impact deliverables including web pages, email campaigns, annual report, and fundraising collateral
· Help drive our thought leadership strategy that is designed to discover and share insights on next gen leaders in the social change sector
· Manage email campaigns and social media accounts; analyze success metrics to inform improvements in future communications efforts
· Additional responsibilities as necessary
- 3+ years of writing and communications experience
- Writing that sings with personality and is adaptable to different audiences
- Comfortable writing across mediums and modalities
- Tech savvy and tech enthusiast
- Multi-tasker capable of producing, managing, and editing high volumes of content and juggling several priorities at once
- Mission driven and passionate about Net Impact’s work
- Experience with website creation and social media marketing is a plus
About Working at Net Impact
Net Impact is a mission-driven nonprofit that seeks to operate like a nimble and entrepreneurial business. We move fast, learn quickly, test, and innovate. We are not afraid to change and set a new course if we try that something that doesn’t work. We pride ourselves in a drama-free environment with amazing and genuinely nice people to work hard, care about each other, and produce great work. We also aspire to pay salaries at the highest edge of the nonprofit sector, and provide great benefits like a retirement match and unlimited vacation. Come join us!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Chief of Staff and Programs”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Writing sample