The Accounting Associate will process accounts payable, records accounts receivable and assist with payroll processing within Finance department. Prepare journal entries and reconcile bank accounts. Communicate with other employees and third parties about financial events. Maintain department files and records.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Primary areas of responsibility and tasks that may typically be assigned include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable processing.
- Prepares 1099s annually for vendors.
- Deposits cash and records organization's receipts.
- Corresponds with staff and third parties vendors about accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Reconciles bank (cash) accounts.
- Assists with payroll preparation.Enters journal entries into Financial Edge
- Maintains department's files, records and documentation.
- Provides data and analysis as needed.
- Engages in special projects as assigned including but not limited to some office management projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- General bookkeeping and accounting principles including accounts payable and receivable processing.
- General financial management concepts.
- Records management and general business principles.
- Experience with Financial Edge or similar accounting system and intermediate to advanced experience level with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Mathematical calculations and data analysis.
- Teamwork and customer service.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Accuracy and detail orientation.
- Organization and multi-tasking.
- Time and workload management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required with at least two years of accounting experience, or at a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Two years of years of relevant experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel. Ability to operate Internet applications and email as well as basic proficiency in financial accounting software/systems.
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Special interest in social movements and political systems.
- Must pass an accounting test if selected for an interview.
- Manual dexterity for operating a computer keyboard, printer, facsimile machine, photocopier, calculator and/or ten-key adding machine.
- Ability to sit at a desk or conference table for extended periods of time within an office environment.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
Minimum Education Required