The Fidelity Foundations are a small group of private, non-operating foundations. The Foundations staff works closely with principals to direct and steward philanthropic giving in the arts and culture, education, community services, conservation, and science. We support capacity building for non-profits across the US and to some extent internationally.
The Staff Assistant for Operations is an essential member of the Fidelity Foundations team and provides administrative support for operations, grant-making, finance and other activities. The position will report to the VP of Operations and intersect with all members of the team.
Duties range from administrative to supporting special projects in operations, grants management, financial management and project execution. The position will be in contact with clients, applicants, and grantees, thus a service-oriented attitude, professional demeanor, and respect for confidentiality is critical. The successful candidate will be a motivated, flexible, problem-solver who thrives in a complex environment. They should have strong communication skills, be able to work under tight timelines, be organized and team oriented. They should be committed to the values of the Foundations and have a high-level of integrity, ethical rigor and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Provide day-to-day office management and operations support to Foundations team (intersecting with facilities, IT team, security, and other vendors)
- Coordinate and manage general office needs related to equipment, supplies and other required services
- Manage calendars and scheduling for VP of Operations and other executive team members, coordinating meetings and conference calls, and supporting travel needs
- Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant as required
- Provide meeting coordination and execution support (e.g., board meetings, special events)
- Provide documentation and data entry support for the grant administration team
- Assist with data retrieval and management of web-based application and report tool (GIFTS Online)
- Assist with corporate credit card administration for Foundations team
- Provide back up on processing of grant payments, invoices and expense reports
- Provide back up to screen incoming phone calls to the Foundations’ main line, monitor inquires to the Foundations’ email box, field requests and craft responses
- Support execution of workflows and processes with grantees, across Foundation offices, and Trustees
- Assist with other administrative projects, tasks and processes as required
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Will consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PREFRERED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- Flexible, team player who is service oriented with high-level interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems
- Experience with financial processes preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone and editing skills
- Sound judgment, integrity, and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, and senior management
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter with your resume.