Part Time Contract
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a Web Design Contractor to join our Network Office!
This is an ideal position for someone who is excited updating and building our Operations Intranet. Ideal candidates should have experience with Web Applications and programming.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy part-time contract position with a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
- Work with the School Support Team and additional stakeholders to develop and build our internal website to improve employee access to key resources
- Establish goals and prioritize initiatives, in collaboration with the members of the School Support Team, that push forward web applications in each content area
- Give feedback for general web functions such as UI and cross-browser compatibility
- Curate the organization of online content resources to deliver software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Facilitate the sharing of knowledge gained through meetings and observations for team
- Functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services and Website Builders
- Experience with Web Applications and programming languages HTML, Web Programming Skills, Cross-Browser Compatibility, Web User Interface Design, Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, Multimedia Content Development
- Knowledge of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications is desired
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity preferred
- Minimum of two years of college/university and currently in school to obtain degree (e.g. Computer Information Systems, Computer Network Technology, Computer Science, etc.) preferred.
- Able to dedicate 10-20 hours/week until project is completed
- Strong project planning experience
About the Benefits:
- Salary: $15-30/hour compensation based on experience and specialty
- This role is not benefits eligible
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.