1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW
PartnersGlobal is seeking an extremely motivated individual interested in an entry-level position in the conflict resolution or international development field. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent undergraduate or graduate to facilitate their transition from academic studies to a professional role within an international NGO. This position requires a high degree of organization with the ability to engage with colleagues across departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership. The Assistant must be comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
The Assistant’s responsibilities include but are not limited to: general business development administrative support, compliance support, office management, and human resources/internship coordination. Supervision of the position is shared between the Director of Operations and the Business Development Manager.
As a member of the Business Development Team, the Assistant provides support for all facets of the organization’s business development and fundraising, making sure all details are in place but also providing valuable feedback for the development of such initiatives. This includes external outreach, events and programs as well as internal office and staff development. This position has a specific learning and growth path as the Assistant learns the ins and outs of the business development process and gains the opportunity to represent PartnersGlobal at external events, liaise closely with partner organizations (both in Washington, DC and in the field), and eventually serve as lead technical writer for small opportunities.
As a member of the Operations Team, the Assistant will work to ensure that PartnersGlobal’s procurements comply with funder rules and regulations. This will include developing procedures and training staff, ensuring that the office itself runs smoothly, facilitating staff recruitment, onboarding and development, as well as spearheading the management of the intern program. There is a growth path in Operations that focuses on procurement and compliance as well as human resources and staff development.
International travel to gather intelligence for BD opportunities and/or train local partners on policies and procedures is possible.
Business Development Support Duties (40% of time)
- Conduct research on topics of interest that advance PartnersGlobal’s business and mission, including clients, thematic work, competitor and partner analyses, and regional areas.
- For specific BD opportunities, the Operations Assistant will support the BD Manager throughout the entire BD lifecycle, from pre-proposal preparation and intelligence-gathering, through the Go/No-Go process, to proposal preparation and follow-up. Specifically, the Operations Assistant will:
- Manage and coordinate proposal calendars and roles and responsibilities for proposal preparation, ensuring that colleagues follow the organization’s proposal development process, meet established deadlines, and obtain necessary organizational approvals;
- Support analysis of solicitation requirements and creation of compliance matrices to ensure proposals meet all requirements and scope defined by clients;
- Provide backstop support on specific proposal tasks, including staffing, past performance and other supporting documentation, and budget and budget narrative preparation; and
- Perform quality control editing and proofreading. Ensure that final proposal format is responsive to both donor requirements and PartnersGlobal’s bran
- Contribute to organizational knowledge management by maintaining and drafting proposal preparation resources, including templates, and manage past performance references, boilerplate language, and proposal content library so that documentation and learning are captured for future use.
Compliance Duties (30% of time)
- Maintain the procurement calendar, getting monthly updates from all the program managers;
- Update all contract and agreement templates;
- Update and format all policies and procedures;
- Assist in the creation of a comprehensive policies and procedures training for staff;
- Prior to signing, review all contracts and agreements with subawardees to ensure compliance;
- Create a packet for prospective subawardees introducing them to USG funding compliance;
- Provide training to staff and subawardees on compliance; and
- File and maintain physical documents
Office Management Duties (15% of time)
- Manage daily administrative operations of the office together with the Director of Operations. Assist in troubleshooting as necessary;
- Maintain kitchen and office inventory;
- Coordinate printed materials (stationery, business cards etc.);
- Facilitate monthly payment requests and finance support as needed;
- Retrieve mail and post outgoing mail and direct packages to individuals upon receipt;
- Liaise with office tenants to ensure office relations and management is smooth. Make improvements to office as necessary regarding organizational and process issues; and,
- Receive PartnersGlobal general calls and forward as necessary.
Human Resources/ Intern Coordination Duties (15% of time)
- Manage PartnersGlobal’s Internship Policy, liaising closely with teams and senior leadership to ensure compliance with organizational policy and labor laws;
- Coordinate the intern and staff recruitment process, working with teams to craft effective job descriptions, ensuring that descriptions are shared widely, reviewing applications, and participating in interviews;
- Handle intern and staff onboarding logistics including seating and technology. Organize orientation and on-boarding processes. Provide enriching learning experiences for interns during their time at PartnersGlobal;
- Ensure all staff are trained on PartnersGlobal policies, procedures, office etiquette and use; and
- Coordinate intern exit interviews and maintain intern alumni database.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in one of PartnersGlobal’s program areas: conflict resolution, international development, regional studies, political science, international relations, sustainable environmental development and/or communications;
- Must have a demonstrated interest in PartnersGlobal’s fields of work. Leadership experience is preferable;
- Must be proficient with PC-based computers. Some experience with Excel (and specifically with budget development) is preferable;
- Must be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills; strong problem-solving abilities; and personality willing to find creative and cost-effective solutions;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse and international teams at all levels, anticipating needs, keeping staff informed of problems and issues;
- Must have a good sense of humor and be able to maintain a positive attitude;
- Strong research and analytical skills to gather and compile complex data and information;
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbal presentation;
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be resourceful in maintaining a professional work environment;
- Must be able to handle confidential data (e.g. budget and salary information, contractual terms and conditions, etc.);
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work in a busy environment and for two different supervisors; and
- Language fluency in French or Arabic is preferable.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send (via e-mail) a résumé and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject of the email and cover letter that you are applying for the “Operations Assistant position”. No phone calls please. We will contact applicants for an interview or to request additional information.
PartnersGlobal is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Level of Language Proficiency
English is required. Language fluency in French or Arabic is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send (via e-mail) a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject of the email and cover letter that you are applying for the “Operations Assistant position” by September 29, 2018. No phone calls please. We will contact applicants for an interview or to request additional information.