Full Time Contract
Details: Starting salary is negotiated based on the selected candidate’s qualifications, experience and work location.
District of Columbia
Equal Citizens — a nonprofit organization founded by Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Lessig — builds innovative campaigns and new ways for digital communications to have immediate impact on democracy reform in the U.S. We overcome the limitations of traditional reform groups by launching unconventional campaigns to achieve reform goals, and to shift the democracy reform narrative in order to get a critical mass of Americans across the political spectrum to agree that we must fix our broken democracy first before any other sensible reform is possible.
In 2017, we successfully launched a crowdfunding campaign for a legal challenge to the winner-take-all allocation of Electoral College votes at the state level. We’re also working on other innovative legal challenges to address various electoral reform issues. But we’re not just about election law--we’re planning to launch a series of effective grassroots actions and digital campaigns that will mobilize citizens across the country to support democracy reform.
The Campaign Manager will lead a team of campaign and digital consultants to develop and implement short and long-term action plans and digital communications strategies. The Manager will be responsible for delivering campaigns that promote Equal Citizens’ reform agenda and help grow our list of supporters. The Manager will develop and execute a comprehensive, integrated digital fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategy. They will manage all aspects of the digital strategy, including social media, from conception through execution and generate innovative content quickly and regularly.
- Analyze current reform landscape to identify the most effective reform strategies and opportunities for campaigns
- Develop and execute bold, cohesive campaigns that mobilize citizens to advance democracy reform goals
- Design, develop, and execute a comprehensive digital strategy that includes the website, microsites, content development (including audio/visual products), email, content optimization, social media, paid advertising, and growing online audience
- Develop new strategic approaches to effectively engage new audiences through powerful storytelling and creative contents
- Run experiments, monitor metrics, and refine campaign strategies to deliver data-driven results
- Recruit and manage a team of interdisciplinary outside consultants, creative agencies, volunteers, and interns
- Oversee the development of campaign and digital content from start to finish
- Coordinate PR and social media efforts to ensure the digital strategy works seamlessly with our overall communications plan and brand
- Support fundraising by optimizing digital fundraising campaigns and drafting grant proposals
- Develop and oversee campaign budgets
- Implement reporting processes for campaigns to ensure accountability to our funders and board members
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with peers at other democracy reform organizations
- Reach out to nonprofits in other sectors (environmental groups, teachers union, racial justice groups, etc.) to increase their engagement in democracy reform
- Build coalitions to support and maximize our online advocacy infrastructure
- Minimum of three years of experience working in a digital operation or managing digital staff
- Extensive knowledge and experience with online fundraising and digital campaign platforms (e.g. WordPress, Stripe, Mailchimp, ActBlue, Adwords, Facebook Ads)
- Experience developing and implementing digital objectives and monitoring progress through analytics and metrics
- Successful track record in identifying target audiences and devising creative campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Experience managing outside consultants, project management, project communication, and project budget management
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with and passion for U.S. electoral reform highly desirable
- Proven success in campaign development and implementation highly desirable
- Proven success in digital fundraising preferred
- Experience in leveraging high profile principals and surrogates to achieve online objectives preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume as attachments, and include “Campaign Manager” in the subject line. The application deadline is March 30, 2018.