100 Wall Street
The Specialist, Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic and operational HR support for CMMB’s NY Headquarters and Country Offices in the areas of recruitment, new employee on-boarding, benefit administration, compliance, performance management, talent management, learning and development, employee engagement and culture, and organization wide HR communication and information sharing. The HR specialist builds strong working partnerships with managers and employees, providing key guidance and support in the areas of employee relations, new hire assimilation, and the development and delivery of employee developmental programs designed to drive continuous improvement in Human Resources service delivery across the organization.
- Work closely with Hiring Managers to assure recruitment of right people in the right jobs by tracking right timing for recruiting activity. Ensure job description and specifications are aligned with the level of position, market projections. Understand current and anticipate future staffing needs, build pools of ready candidates through internal succession planning and external sources.
- Oversee the new-employee on-boarding and new manager assimilation process to ensure new hires are set up to succeed.
- Support in the assessment and alignment of individual staff competency and capacity to ensure organizational effectiveness. Lead and implement strategies for talent management, talent development and cultural alignment.
- Develop and deliver programs to support team and individual development based on identified needs. Conduct Leadership/Management development session for people managers. Promote use of other formal and informal learning resources.
- Provide guidance, training and tools to support managers and employees for effective performance management process. Oversee the annual performance objectives setting, midyear and yearend performance review processes. Coach and counsel people managers in performance assessment and professional development.
- Administer employee benefits for US based staff. Liaise with brokers, providers and facilitate enrollment and updating of coverage regularly. Manage annual open enrollment process and lead the employee benefits review process. Undertake regular compensation surveys and present findings and recommendations to address needs and manage cost.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all organizational policies and procedure. Plan and deliver annual mandatory trainings. Keep abreast of new developments and regulations to keep CMMB’s policies and practices compliant and up to date with State and Federal employment regulations.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and perform other relevant duties, as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 years of Human Resources Management experience (Preferably with non-profit organization).
- SHRM - Professional certification required.
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (Ideally Human Resources Management)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully managing: end-to-end recruitment processes, onboarding, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement initiatives, employee communications, talent management, compensation and benefits, and learning and development.
- Have a keen understanding and application of Federal and state labour laws.
- Human Resources Information Systems, Workforce Now.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability – both systematic and data driven with the ability to be creative, intuitive and an outside of-the-box thinker.
- Experience working effectively in cross-cultural environments.
- Sound HR technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, with a strong operational focus.
- Proven ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Intelligent and articulate person who possesses excellent communication skills.
- Viewed as a good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information, while observing confidentiality.
- Experience serving as a mentor.
- Exceptional ability to gain the trust of others and foster collaborative relationships.
- Proven ability to build impactful relationships.
- Exceptional ability to be agile, flexible and responsive.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- French and Spanish language skills are an added advantage.
- Domestic and International – Non-profit experience and knowledge.
- Masters’ degree in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations preferred.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems, job boards and social media outlets.
- Expert knowledge and usage of Microsoft suite.
- Familiarity with CRM tools, Office 365.
Minimum Education Required