Details: $20 - 25$ per hour
140 Clarendon Street
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. We pride ourselves on being reflective, innovative, outcomes oriented, and passionate about our work.
YW Boston is undergoing tremendous organizational change. We have a relatively new leadership team, are revamping our strategic plan, and are investing in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst ambiguity, and are excited about helping YW Boston evolve into the next phase of eliminating racism and empowering women.
The facilitator position is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in a variety of settings.
General Statement of Duties
The YW Boston Dialogues on Race & Ethnicity is a series of facilitated conversations focused on race, ethnicity, and equity among Boston community members and workforce. The goals of the program are to raise participants’ racial consciousness and understanding, strengthen relationships among diverse groups of people and empower action among participants toward racial equity. YW Boston has partnered and facilitated dialogue series and workshops with nonprofit organizations, community groups, schools, and corporations. The Facilitator will be serve as a key member of the Dialogues on Race & Ethnicity team, facilitating content in a variety of settings.
The Facilitator will report to the Racial Justice Program Manager.
The successful Facilitator will achieve the following outcomes:
· Deliver high quality and effective content to partners
· Key contributor to reaching organizational goals related to program impact and reach
· Support relationship development with partners
· Contribute to environment of continuous learning and quality improvement
· Complete all session preparation and follow up, including learning about partner organization, reviewing curriculum
· Work collaboratively with co-facilitator to plan and lead a thoughtful and dynamic dialogue
· Provide informal, peer-to-peer coaching to co-facilitators
· Communicate consistently with co-facilitator and YW Boston program staff
· Complete evaluation and reporting
· Attend quarterly facilitator meetings/additional trainings as applicable
Evaluation, Data & Reporting
· Act as liaison between partner and YW Boston, implementing evaluations and monitoring attendance
· Share anecdotal observations and feedback with colleagues
· Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The Facilitator must have a strong base of racial justice fluency and facilitation skills that can be flexibly adopted to meet the needs of different external stakeholders. Successful candidates will exhibit a strong drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, strong relationship builders, and able to offer creative ideas.
Specific qualifications include:
· Demonstrated facilitation skills, 5+ years facilitating conversations on race, racism, diversity and inclusion
· Ability to turn conflict into learning, training in conflict/mediation resolution preferred.
· Awareness of their racial identity, personal biases and solid understanding of their own history related to racism.
· Understanding of Boston’s history with racism
- Knowledge of race, racism, and the various ways it manifests in modern day society
- Experience working across organizational levels from entry level staff to executives
· Ability to work independently to coordinate logistics (travel to site, plan with co-facilitator, etc)
· Strong team building and communication skills
· Experience facilitating within community-driven organizations
· Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
· Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
· Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Racial Justice Program Manager, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
· Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
· Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Racial Justice Program Manager and/or President & CEO
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance, company wellness program, flexible spending account for health expenses, and dependent care accounts
- Holidays (13/year), vacation days (15-20/year), sick days (12/year), personal day (1/year), and emergency days (3/year)
- Flexible schedule option and flex time
- Life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, and short-term disability insurance
- A 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employer contribution to the YWCA retirement fund
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Zipcar account
- Lyft account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Salary range: $24.00 - $26.00 per hour
Hours: 20-25 hours per week
YWCA Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com Please place the subject title "Racial Justice Facilitator Part-time" in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.