Details: Exponent Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and comprehensive and generous benefits package including sick leave, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and transit subsidies.
1720 N Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Exponent Philanthropy is a membership association dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors. Our members operate leanly and practice philanthropy motivated by personal passion, community needs, and the strong desire for better outcomes. Exponent Philanthropy provides high-quality and cost-effective programs, resources, and connections that maximize our members’ dollars and time for the benefit of a variety of communities and causes.
Our organization is defined by our warm and welcoming culture, based on the following values: relationships come first; one size does not fit all; learning is a life-long journey; quality is essential; and we draw inspiration from the collective impact of our members. Our staff are highly collegial, ethical, bright, and customer service-oriented individuals with a commitment to quality work.
Position Overview: The Program Coordinator is a member of the Education Programs Team within the Programs & Services Department and is responsible for both managing select programs and supporting programs managed by team members.
Program Coordination (70%). Manage the planning and logistics for:
- 2-3 seminars and 3-6 local programs per year. Includes activities such as finding locations, managing registration, developing banquet event orders, assembling program materials, and working in partnership with the staff member serving as programmatic content lead.
- Cohort program(s). Includes managing registration and communications with participants plus all details related to cohorts’ in-person trainings, working in partnership with the staff member(s) serving as programmatic content lead(s).
Administrative & Content Support (25%)
- Assist in drafting, editing, compiling, and distributing evaluation reports for/from programs and initiatives.
- Design sessions for conferences and other educational programs as needed.
- Undertake additional programmatic and administrative responsibilities as assigned including assisting with program online registration.
- Field and route questions and requests from members and others regarding member services as a member of the frontlines team answering incoming calls.
- Serve as an integral member of the Education Programs Team, providing staff support and/or leadership for Exponent Philanthropy programs, including travel to educational programs to provide on-site logistical support as needed.
Knowledge Development (5%)
- Take advantage of ongoing opportunities to learn about the culture, dynamics, operations and management of private and community foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in project management or program development to include: planning logistics, marketing, budgeting and reporting, and developing curricula
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and work well under deadline with both short-turnaround and longer-term projects.
- Ability to move projects forward efficiently while seeking input from and building consensus among various internal stakeholders.
- Ability to provide high-quality customer service.
- Excellent writing, verbal, analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with databases; capacity to learn about and adopt other relevant technologies to advance the organization’s work.
- Ability to travel a few times throughout the year to Exponent Philanthropy programs.
- Willingness to accept and take on new challenges for professional growth.
- Capacity and motivation to develop an in-depth understanding of Exponent Philanthropy programs, resources and services.
- Previous experience in philanthropy, philanthropy support and/or the nonprofit sector desired but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested parties should email a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com and include “Program Coordinator” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although we value initiative, we cannot field phone calls regarding the position.
Exponent Philanthropy is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our organization recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, source of income, place of business or residence, pregnancy, childbirth, gender or age (except where gender or age is a bona-fide occupational qualification, as defined by law), genetic information, or physical or mental disability (except where the disability prevents the individual from being able to perform the essential functions of the job and cannot be reasonably accommodated in full compliance with the law).