Details: Commensurate with Experience
Formed in 2005, the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) is a skater-owned and operated 501(c)3 non-profit, and a membership-based athletic organization. The WFTDA governs and promotes the sport of flat track roller derby and revolutionizes the role of women in sports through the collective voice of its member leagues around the world.
This position is an integral part of the organization and the incumbent is expected to work independently as well as a member of a virtual team. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the WFTDA Member Services Manager is a member of the WFTDA team and is responsible for developing and maintaining membership and member organization pathways. The Member Services Manager is the virtual “front desk” of the WFTDA, providing quality “customer service” to our membership, directing communication from membership to the appropriate committee/staff person, and facilitating member benefits.
The Member Services Manager will develop plans and implement new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. At the outset, this position will work with the Membership Officer and WFTDA staff to create and implement policies, procedures, and workflow around the communication, roles, and responsibilities that touch the membership department.
The Member Services Manager works very closely with the Membership Officer, various Committee Chairs, and the WFTDA Staff to carry out their responsibilities. This position will support the organization by directing all aspects of the Membership Pillar, including the development of membership pathways.
Membership Retention and Development
- Implement membership strategies that support development and growth of new members and retention of existing members, while building out membership levels and benefits worldwide
- Create a system to respond to member questions and queries about requirements and compliance
- Develop membership marketing and promotional materials in conjunction with the Marketing and Education departments including applications, welcome kits, membership newsletters, membership cards, and other collateral
- Maintain organization’s membership database to track member engagement and number of members with the ability to create membership reports as needed
- Work with WFTDA leadership to plan and implement strategies to meet organization’s membership goals
- Build out a membership program that keeps members informed, inspired, and empowered to assist with WFTDA’s work and mission
- Create and update content for public facing member/prospective member materials
- Conduct webinars with member organizations and prospective member organizations on topics like the benefits of WFTDA membership and the process of becoming a member, among others.
- Serve as the key person responsible for the member management component of the software - this includes running member reports, entering data, providing documents and training resources
- Work with leadership to plan and coordinate member outreach events
- Work with WFTDA Staff and Membership Officer to support annual membership renewal process
- Create engagement strategy for existing lifetime members and previous financial members
- Work with Sponsorship Coordinator to find opportunities for member benefits
- Identify and prioritize member-facing materials for translation and managing translation projects as needed.
- Organize membership events to promote the organization and cultivate relationships
- Develop and ensure established procedures for processing prospective members’ applications are consistently followed
- Manage the volunteer appreciation committee to retain and attract new volunteers
- Occasional travel will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Business Management
- 3-5 years’ experience in a membership service department as well as at least two years of specialized experience with working in national advocacy and/or education work.
- Project management skills required. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills; editing skills; organizational skills; desire to learn; flexibility; and creativity.
- This is a virtual position. Candidate must be savvy enough to work in an all virtual environment.
- Some travel to national and international meetings is required.
- Some weekend and evening work is required.
- Fluency in additional languages a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Adapts easily to virtual environments/new software platforms
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Positive and upbeat disposition
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
This position is part of a virtual team. The Member Services Manager must be comfortable communicating and managing projects via virtual technologies. The successful candidate will have their own computer and unlimited access to a reliable internet connection.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position at 35 hours/week. The successful candidate will be expected to work full-time hours each week and at least a portion of these hours must overlap with the standard business day (9am-5pm) in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
WFTDA will provide health insurance and 401k retirement plan for US employees. Non-US employees will be provided equitable benefits. All employees receive an Unlimited PTO package and technology stipend.
Our organization is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse customer populations.
We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and serve the increasingly diverse clients of our organization.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
- WFTDA will provide health insurance and 401k retirement plan for US employees. Non-US employees will be provided equitable benefits. All employees receive an Unlimited PTO package and technology stipend.
- This is a full-time position at 35 hours/week and is a remote position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in additional languages other than English a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 1, 2018 5 pm ET.