HealthierHere, Accountable Community of Health for King County
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
FTE Status: 1.0 FTE
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday
Location: 1000 Second Ave., Suite 1730, Seattle, WA 98104
Mission, Vision and Values
HealthierHere is a newly created non-profit Limited Liability Company (LLC) and subsidiary of the Seattle Foundation. Our vision is that “by 2020, the people of King County will experience significant gain in health and well-being because our community worked collectively to make the shift from a costly, crisis-oriented response to health and social problems, to one that focuses on prevention, embraces recovery, and eliminates disparities.
As an organization, we operate under a set of core values that include equity, teamwork, integrity, accountability, preparedness, clear communication, innovation, and a healthy work environment. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners.
HealthierHere is one of nine regional Accountable Communities of Health (ACH) in Washington State that are part of the Healthier Washington Initiative and are responsible for implementing a five-year Medicaid Transformation Project. More information on Healthier Washington can be found at: http://www.hca.wa.gov/hw/Pages/default.aspx. Information about King County’s ACH can be found at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/ach.
HealthierHere is moving forward a portfolio of delivery system reform activities in alignment with the Health Care Authority’s Healthier Washington plan and goals as described in the Medicaid Transformation Project Toolkit. HealthierHere’s project portfolio includes activities related to bi-directional integration, chronic disease prevention and control, transitional care, and addressing the opioid crisis. In addition, HealthierHere is committed to system transformation activities that include robust care coordination, addressing the social determinants of health, and reducing health disparities in the region.
The Financial Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for: perform financial modelling, monitor contracts, day to day financial and operational activities; coordination with the Fiscal Sponsor (The Seattle Foundation); setting up financial processes and documentation; and providing financial support to HealthierHere projects. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of health, including health equity, social determinants of health, and health care delivery and financing systems. This is a professional position involving daily project management.
The Financial Analyst will prioritize social justice and equity, and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
Major duties include:
- Perform day-to-day management of the ACH’s financial operations and interface with the Seattle Foundation as needed.
- Perform financial models.
- Develop, track and monitor contracts.
- Develop documentation to support project planning processes, including (but not limited to):
- ACH budget and accounting support
- Tracking mechanisms to account for various funding streams (e.g., SIM and Demonstration projects, ACH operational budgets, individual project budgets, integration budgets)
- Oversee administration of and reporting related to design and implementation funding.
- Review, analyze, and process modifications to operating budgets and assist the CFO in meeting all financial commitments and goals.
- Coordinate payroll functions, auditing requirements, and contractor agreements.
- Interface with the Finance Committee, Governing Board, and other Committees and Workgroups as necessary, including preparing presentations and making recommendations.
- Set up necessary financial processes and documentation to ensure adequate checks and balances.
- Support the creation of communications and/or presentations to ACH providers and stakeholders regarding financial requirements.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with five years of experience in financial or accounting role in hospital, managed care, public agency, or related field.
- Understanding of health care financing and budgeting processes.
- Experience with provider contracting and value-based payment (VBP) arrangements
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume.