Waukegan to College (W2C) is seeking a new Program Support and Logistics Coordinator to assist our team in programmatic and operational areas. This includes supporting our academic enrichment programs by managing tutoring schedules, supervision of in-person tutoring sessions, scheduling events for students, and staff, and volunteers, providing logistical support through ordering supplies, paying invoices, and organizing the facilities. This role is key to making sure our operations run seamlessly, timely, and efficiently.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
You love organization. We are always moving in many different directions (and you know it) the organization needs someone who can keep track of every last detail, what needs to be done by when, and how to most efficiently do it.
You initiate. You follow instructions but also see where work needs to be done. You will research solutions and propose them, with the hopes of helping our organization operate more smoothly. You don’t just do the status quo.
You are a communicator. You know how to craft messages to many different audiences, whether it is a donor inquiring about their donation, or a student asking about their scholarship – you know exactly what to say or who should pass along the information to.
You care deeply and know why this work matters. This work is often behind the scenes, but you know it is essential to making sure we keep moving as an organization. You can connect the task to the vision.
You are collaborative. You come with positive energy and want to work as a team to get things done. You practice vulnerability and aren’t afraid to ask if you don’t know. You trust others and have their back.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes but is not limited to
- Be the first point of communication with whoever contacts our general email or office voicemail.
- Make sure inquiries are directed to the right person in a timely manner, from the community we serve, students, parents, volunteers, donors, and potential partners.
- Manage communication to students, families, and volunteers around program dates and events through sending reminders, save the date, and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and supervise three academic enrichment programs – tutoring (homework help), Read to Achieve (R2A), and math enrichment through scheduling, setting up the venue and documenting participation.
- Support Expanding Horizons, college visits, summer camps by coordinating travel arrangements, permission slips, and communication.
- Support the recruiting process through organizing, logging, and preparing applications for review, setting up interviews, and informing families of status.
- Prepare for events like New Student Orientation, Year-End Celebration, Decision Day, etc. through ordering catering, coordinating the venue, and managing registration.
- Ensure that our volunteers have a successful experience and feel appreciated by responding to their needs and coordinating a volunteer appreciation event.
- Coordinate the availability and matching of new and returning volunteers before the start of the school year.
- Schedule tutoring reminders and keep tutors informed of any changes or cancelations.
Administration and Office Management:
- Maintaining the internal/external calendars and whiteboard 2-month calendar in the office which include our academic programs, fundraising events, speaking engagements, meetings, and community outreach.
- Assist in putting together student welcome kits together) to public-facing materials such as brochures and annual reports. You will make sure the office is always tidy and running smoothly. As well as, assisting with record management and reporting.
Qualifications: The Essentials
- Track record of related administrative work including planning events, scheduling, logistics, data & office management
- Experience with managing multiple schedules
- Demonstrated computer and software skills (Google Suite, CRM, presentation, project management, etc.)
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-service experience (our main customers are our students, their families, and our volunteers)
Qualifications: Strongly Preferred
- Experience working with lower-income and first-generation families
- Experience managing with volunteers
- Experience in working on remote teams
- Experience in basic accounting or financial management
- Experience with events including room set-up and logistics
- Bi-lingual in Spanish: Speaking, Reading, Writing (very helpful but not required)
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use their own vehicle
- Must be able to sit for an extended time
- Able to spend extended time on a computer in a workstation
- Able to work a hybrid schedule of in-person and remotely
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, non-profit management, business, social work, human services is strongly preferred
- Two years of experience in the business, education, human services or youth development is helpful but not required
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
- Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Flexible work schedule and hybrid work model
- Compensation based on experience, starting at $33,000
- Monthly health insurance stipend
- 2% annual Simple IRA retirement contribution after one year
- Professional development opportunities
Waukegan to College is a nonprofit organization founded in 2009 in Waukegan, IL. Our mission is to create brighter futures for first-generation students, their families, and their community by preparing students to enroll in and graduate from a four-year college or university. Our work is focused on three main areas:
- College Readiness - providing academic support, advising, and mentoring for students to maintain their grades and take the necessary courses to be considered college-ready
- College Access - helping students to identify where they would like to go to college, apply for acceptance, financial aid, and scholarships.
- College Persistence - provide advising and mentoring to help students be resilient, succeed in college, and graduate in four years
We are guided by the following Core Values:
- Equity - access, opportunity, and inclusivity
- Relationships - local, family, and community
- Collaboration - work together; everyone does their part
- Ambition - strive for excellence, dare to dream
- Leadership - accountability, self-advocacy, and influence
At Waukegan to College, close to 200 students and their families are part of our program. During the last 12 years, we have helped 74 students graduate from college - the first in their families!