Details: Negotiable with Excellent benefits
1156 15th St., NW
As the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access.
Along with more than 1.2 million member activists from all 50 states and network of state affiliates, NARAL works to guarantee that each woman has access to the full range of reproductive freedoms. This means we’re on the front lines in the fight to expand access to abortion, make contraception more affordable, prohibit discrimination against pregnant women, and ensure all parents have access to paid leave. In recognition of our work defending the constitutional right to abortion, Fortune Magazine rated NARAL as “one of the top 10 advocacy groups in America.”
At NARAL, we don’t operate or litigate; we organize and mobilize. Working together, we push our friends to be bolder, lift up the champions fighting with us on the front line for true reproductive freedom, and we shine a spotlight of accountability on bad actors that work to impose their ideological agenda on others.
The Scheduler and Executive Assistant to the President (“SEA”) primarily provides scheduling and other administrative support to the President of NARAL Pro-Choice America. The Assistant will be a professional individual who will exhibit confidentially when warranted and will require flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task.
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief of Staff
This position is: Exempt Non-union
Scope of Work:
- Maintaining calendar —The SEA must balance short and long-term scheduling priorities, convene and run scheduling meetings, and be strategic in setting the calendar and communicating about it to all stakeholders.
- Preparing President for meetings and events – The SEA must gather and compile relevant documents for the President to be prepared for her appointments. This includes communicating the needs to various departments, reading through documents to be certain that they are accurate and complete, and preparing summaries and cover sheets for the President as needed.
- Communicating needs, priorities, and decisions – The SEA is the center of both incoming and outgoing communication for the President. As such, the SEA must be able to communicate in an organized and concise fashion with the staff and the President what decisions must be made, what decisions have been made, what questions remain unanswered in order to make decisions, and what information is required to make any given meeting, day or trip a success. The SEA will staff the President at local and national events as necessary.
- Managing Administrative Tasks – The SEA is responsible for all administrative processes in the President’s office including timecards, receipts, correspondence and routing contracts that must be signed by the President. This will include assistance to other Executive Team members as needed.
- Assisting in Special Projects – The SEA must be willing to help with special projects out of the President’s Office including, but not limited to, preparing presentations, assessing organizational best practices, and managing planning processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the President’s Office.
- Manage the President’s schedule for internal and external meetings.
- Manage and book travel arrangements for the President.
- Manage the President’s Office administrative tasks including invoice processing, credit card reconciliation, and expense reimbursement.
- Oversee internal and external correspondence for the President. Screen and respond to incoming calls, email and other highly sensitive communications.
- Attend internal leadership meetings, take notes and track action items.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Chief of Staff and President.
- B.S. or B.A. degree required.
- 2+ years of experience in a scheduling or executive administrative role (e.g., supporting executive-level staff and/or Board of Directors) required.
- Meeting planning experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and handle multiple priority tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team player with management staff in conjunction with the President.
- Demonstrated success in taking initiative to accomplish tasks.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to exercise independent judgment and good discretion. A high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality is required.
- Up-beat and outgoing nature, sense of humor, and positive attitude required.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Publisher, and web-based research.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: “Scheduler and Executive Assistant to the President