The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: Leanin.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
We are looking for a Communications Lead to support our external communications team and help increase the public profile of LeanIn.Org and OptionB.Org. A successful Comms Lead will be an excellent writer who is strong in drafting messaging, eager to pitch media, and detail-oriented with experience in process management.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who is passionate about media and an avid consumer of it, as well as, a keen observer of the latest trends and outlets for our messages. If you are a team player and eager to work in a fast-paced, high-expectations environment and you share our passion for creating a more equal world, we’d love to talk to you.
This position is full time and based in Palo Alto, CA. Due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely on PDT hours until further notice.
- Own process management to support all foundation communications efforts
- Support communications team in writing and editing a range of materials including reporter briefs, messaging, correspondence and press materials with attention to detail always top of mind
- Support our Chief Comms Officer and Deputy Director of Comms in day-to-day operations including pitching US and global media and scheduling interviews
- Develop inclusive messaging that resonates across broad audiences
- Coordinate responses to incoming media inquiries and track relevant PR metrics
- Conduct research to support media efforts and communications initiatives
- Build and maintain media relationships through a mix of channels (e.g., traditional, broadcast, digital)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate and develop plans and projects
- Passion for the missions of Lean In, Option B and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- 5-7 years of experience working in communications in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and process-oriented with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills with ability to craft well-organized and thoughtful communications (emails, messaging, talking points, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Background in public policy and/or women’s space a huge plus
- Experience working with/prepping high-level executives is preferred
- Strong ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both inside SGFF and with external partners
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities while moving projects forward in a timely fashion
Please apply via Lever and include a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.