Details: Commensurate with Experience
225 30th Street
30th Street Senior Center is the largest multipurpose senior center in the City offering eight programs that serve over 6,000 older adults each year. Our seniors are vibrant, creative and active and we strive to serve them through our mission to help seniors remain healthy, independent, and in their communities for as long as possible. We believe that seniors can remain engaged in their communities when they have access to quality opportunities for wellness, lifelong learning, good nutrition and socialization. We invite you to join our dynamic, diverse team who shares that belief and passion for our mission.
We're hiring an Assistant Director to oversee and manage daily operations at the Center. This position requires a combination of creativity, professional problem-solving, mentorship/coaching, organization and time management, cultural humility, sound judgment and flexibility.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate center personnel
- Develop, implement and evaluate center/department goals
- Manage Department on Aging & Adult Services/Office on the Aging and other contract compliance
- Provide leadership to department staff and volunteers.
- Manage senior relations
- Provide weekly program status reports to Senior Center Director
- Assist with budgets and grant proposals
- Serve as Facilities and IT Liaison
- Serve as Acting Director in Senior Center Director's absence
- Must have a commitment to serving diverse, active older adults
- Must have strong writing and editing skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
- Employees receive great benefits and ongoing professional development opportunities
- Employees provide a critical service to the City’s older adult population
- The Center is a fun and challenging workplace for people who are passionate about social justice, diversity and making a difference
Level of Language Proficiency
- Master's degree in Public Administration, Social Work, Dietetics, Gerontology, Recreation or related field preferred
- Experience working in non-profit organizations
- Experience managing grants and contracts
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Leadership or management experience (five years preferred)
- Experience with public speaking
- Spanish fluency, written and verbal
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations.